Asking Leo from the address bar doesn't reply sometimes

Press Ctrl+T to open a new empty tab. Type “What’s the biggest country?” in the address bar and press down arrow to select “Ask Leo”. Press enter. It will open Leo in the sidebar but it won’t respond. You can ask it again by typing in the sidebar and it even knows about the previous message that it didn’t reply to.

On the other hand, if you don’t Ask Leo from an new empty tab, and instead Ask Leo from the address bar on a tab that shows a webpage already, it works, though it asks in the context of the page currently open which is a small privacy risk IMO since a single extra down arrow press will, instead of navigating me to a page in the dropdown of the address bar, send the potentially sensitive contents of the page I’m viewing to Brave/Anthropic. It’s fine since I can disable Leo in the address bar anyhow but until we get a proper shortcut to open the Leo sidebar the address bar question is the only way to ask Leo using only the keyboard.

Version 1.60.118 Chromium: 119.0.6045.163 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Devuan Linux.

The issue persists on version 1.60.125 Chromium: 119.0.6045.199 (Official Build) (64-bit).

@Mattches if you can pass this on to the team, I was able to replicate in the exact instructions left. Did Ctrl + T to open a new tab, typed in what is the biggest country and clicked Ask Leo. From there, it opened as below:

An extra concern of mine is that I had changed the settings and mine should be opening llama2 70b by default. So why did it just try to open Claude?

Thanks for replicating the issue @Saoiray. I’ve also made a post for the second issue: Leo keeps selecting Claude despite my settings - #2 by Mattches and I think it has been picked up by the team.

1 Like

Thanks both.
Strange that I’m not seeing this issue. I was able to ask from the address bar and get a response (answer is Russia, btw). I did however get the response from Claude and not llama2 70b as well. I wonder if the Premium creds. “take priority” over what is set in settings.

Looking into this now.

1 Like