Are there any solutions for WidevineCdm Problem?

[Windows 10 - 18.03 - 64bit - Fullupdated]
[Brave - Version 0.56.14 Chromium: 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Hey,
i just found this Browser and installed it. Im pretty Impressed. But i almost searching 2-3 Hours to find a solution for the DRM Problem.

When i try to watch a Movie on Amazon(.de), it shows me i have to install WidevineCdm.

I already deleted all History and reinstalled brave 2 times.

There is no puzzle Icon for me on the right Side on the addressbar, who shows me to install it.

Well i hope someone can help me and maybe other people in future to find a solution for it.

Thanks a lot !

Hi @wiizzside,

It’s a known issue here https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/1985

Did steps mentioned here can help? How do I enable widevine in Beta when the browser does not prompt?

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

Did steps mentioned here can help? How do I enable widevine in Beta when the browser does not prompt?

Well, i was on the spotify website and there i could see the Widevine notification at URL bar and installed it. So far so good.

But now there comes a new Problem called like:

“A problem has occurred while playing this video. For more help, visit www.amazon.de/dv/error/7031.”

So i guess i have to fix this right now?! :slight_smile:

Alright i found my solution:

WidevineCdm still doesn’t PopUp to install it on Amazon.de ! So i went to Spotify.de -> there it shows me to install WidevineCdm and i installed it.

Yet Videos wont work on Amazon. Just loading and a error PopUp with “Video not available”.

You have to turn off Adblock. And now it works.

Just for people who have the same issue.

Now i will love this Browser :]

[Sorry for my English. It’s my teacher’s fault /Kappa]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.