April 2022 Ads Payout Issues Update

I just wanted to create this thread to recap the April 2022 payout and where we are. I will add updates to this thread, to help consolidate everything.

Payout issues for Gemini users and unverified users

1. The April 2022 ads earnings payout was afflicted by a bug which basically caused every user who claimed to receive a 0.25 BAT reward, even if their estimated earnings were higher. This primarily affected Gemini users and unverified users. The reason is that Gemini users and unverified users receive an ad earnings claim button, rather than a direct deposit.
  2. Given the bug, we disabled the April 2022 payout (for users who had not already claimed it, the ad earnings claim button for it would have no longer been visible), and we re-issued a new payout, which we will call April 2022 ads payout #2 , on April 13-14, 2022. That means starting April 13-14th, users could see a new ad earnings claim button.
  3. April 2022 ads payout #2 made most users whole. However, a subset of users pressed “claim ad earnings”, finished the CAPTCHA (on desktop), but then saw an error, and the ads earnings claim button is no longer there. They have not seen their BAT appear yet.
  4. We are actively investigating and working on a fix, as of Tuesday, April 19, 2022, to have the ad earnings button appear again for this subset of users who saw an error when trying to claim April 2022 ads payout #2 .
23 Likes

The team is currently investigating a known issue.

12 Likes

thanks for the update

3 Likes

Thank you for the update

3 Likes

Thank you. Really appreciate the update.

2 Likes

you ask for our wallet id and I already provided you 32 hours ago but you are not replying of message, why?

if you don’t wanna reply then why you are running in every topic and saying send me wallet id and blah blah. Stop doing mahn

7 Likes

Lodge your complaint for the same at https://support.brave.com

1 Like

@nawaab Have a :heart: man! If you can see him running in every topic then you can see he’s busy trying to appease many of us with similar issues, read and deal with all the DMs and get his job done. I haven’t always received responses to DMs either - I wonder how they’d have time to respond to every one. But I have noticed problems magically being resolved after sending DMs. Sometimes takes a while. So long as I know they’re still on it, I’m happy to wait it out.

5 Likes

Try and remember there are under 200 brave employees and over 50 million monthly brave users (numbers found from search queries). The brave team will get to you as soon as they can. You just have to have a little patience. They are working diligently to get as many problems solved as possible.

7 Likes

It already takes them up to several weeks to reply during normal times, don’t expect this delay to get shorter when things get hot.

3 Likes

The payout issue exists for uphold users as well. Still waiting for the BAT i earned in March

10 Likes

This is exactly what i faced. For #2, one of my devices received the pay, but my other device didn’t (which is #3 scenario). Glad at least now the status is now back to processing which I believe is the main thing that people use to track

4 Likes

hi i sent you a private message with mi ID payment. Can you answer me? thanks

1 Like

Hello,

same here - I received a first batch for one of my 3 devices on April 13th, but am still waiting for the remaining two reward payouts.
As the “Claim rewards” button is not visible, I am uncertain how to proceed.
My uphold wallet is successfully connected and verified.

Thanks for advice
oxixo

3 Likes

Hi !
This is saying Uphold users shouldn’t be concerned but we are a lot looking at the different thread not receiving our BATs whereas we’re not flagged nor our accounts are limited or anything.

2 Likes

As I understand it, they’ll look at the Uphold ones on a case by case basis if you DM @steeven with a description of problem and your wallet payment ID. But there’s so many Uphold users posting here still having issues, perhaps that might change who knows?!

2 Likes

When I will be able to finally claim my reward?

1 Like

This is a known issue that the team is currently investigating. Claims will be reissued for affected users.

4 Likes

hey @steeven , yesterday I sent you a dm of my wallet id and other information you have asked. Any update on that ?

1 Like

hi, @steeven. I sent you a message, can you reply? thanks.

1 Like