Application error

Description of the issue:
Frequent crashes of the desktop browser. It throws an application error stating “The exception unknown software exception occurred in the application at location 0x00…”

How can this issue be reproduced?
Surfing the web with more than 10 tabs in use.

Expected result:
Should function normally without any crashes.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

1 Like

@akashchintha,
Can you tell me what OS are you using? Additionally, what extensions do you have installed? And what is the rest of the error message you quoted at the top?

I’m using Windows 10.
Extensions used: Grammarly, Automatic 4K for YouTube, Video Speed Controller, Honey, uBlock Origin, Kami PDF, Docs Offline, Google Scholar Button

That’s the only error message the OS displayed (only the addresses aren’t mentioned above).

@akashchintha,
Can you try disabling your extensions or browsing using a Private window session, Guest window session, or create a new profile and browse with it? I’d like to test and see if one of the extensions is causing the issue.

I tried using a Private window and also guest user. The issue is persistent

Are you opening the same tabs each time? Also, are you still seeing this after updating to version v0.70.121?

Yes. It is the same tab each time.

I think the issue has been solved with the new update. However, I’m not sure about it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.