Apple Pay Options not present in iOS Brave

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Using iOS Brave, navigate to a website that accepts Apple Pay as a form of payment. (In my case, it was Intuit. I tried to pay an invoice on Intuit. In Brave, Apple Pay is not listed as an option. When I went to the same payment page in Safari, Apple Pay was listed as a payment option.)
  2. Navigate to the payment screen and view the payment options.
  3. Look for Apple Pay.

Expected result:
Apple Pay should show as a payment option, along with all the other expected options for that website (credit card, EBT, etc.)

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.23.1 (21.2.24.16)

Mobile Device details
iPhone 7
iOS 14.4.2

Additional Information:
Is there a Brave setting I don’t know about that is prohibiting Apple Pay use in-browser? As mentioned above, a website that allows Apple Pay will show that as a payment option when viewed in Safari. When the exact same page is viewed in Brave, Apple Pay is no longer listed.

It is not easy to support Apple Pay on custom browsers.
Reason is Apple Pay can be used in a web view that contains custom javascript,
and we have bunch of scripts for reader mode, shields etc.
Safari is excluded out of this limitations of course.

Only workaround would be to reload this page without any scripts then proceed with Apple Pay process, we have a ticket tracking this feature request

Thank you for the information.

Blessings,

Jesse

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.