Anyone else get this evideo error?

I decided to install Brave because I was getting the same issue with a lot of videos I play YouTube, Twitch, etc. I get this message if I leave it paused for a few seconds and try playing it again.

“Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.”

Now I got this message to when using Vivaldi as well is why I made the switch from Chrome to Vivaaldi to Brave.

Now I’m back to using CHrome because this or Edge are the only two browsers that do not give me this error message.

I’ve yet to try out Firefox but probably will be my next alternative to using Chrome.

So it makes me wonder if this issue may be present on most Chromium browsers when it isn’t on CHhome or Edge itself.

Here is a screenshot

Also, what seems to fix it isn’t just a reboot but more so exiting the browser and re-launching it, if I don’t pause anything it’s fine.

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Additional Information:

Hi @BlckMlr757, Welcome to Community!
What windows version are you on? What version of Brave are you on?
Can you try creating a new profile and seeing if the issue persists? (I want to see if the issue still happens with no extensions and Brave default settings)
Click on the menu icon in the top right corner > create a new profile.

Also, fyi, You mention having the same issue with chrome/vivaldi, so it may be an issue with. your machine/setup.

I said other chromium browsers, I do not have the issue with chrome itself at all just other chromium-based browsers like Brave and Vivaldi,

I will try your suggestion and will et you know thanks!

Also I am running the latest version of Windows 10 1909 OS BUild 18363.778

Pretty sure I have the latest version of Brave installed sine I did just download the browser.

Brave is up to date

Brave Version 1.8.90 Chromium: 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.