Any reason I should run Brave Ads once I reach wallet limit?

Briefly describe your issue:
My laptop hard drive recently failed, resulting in my having to install a new one along with a new instance of Brave. I currently use Brave on four devices, and wasn’t aware of the wallet limit until I signed into Brave on my laptop. Since I have reached my lifetime wallet cap, is there any reason I should keep Brave Ads running? Since none of my BAT will transfer out into my wallet.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
1.30.87 on Windows 11

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No, I have reached my Cap

What date did you verify your wallet?
unable to verify due to cap limit

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
I have verified on both Uphold and recently on Gemini, I transferred to Gemini without realizing I had already reached my cap limit on Uphold

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes

Gemini has a separate device limit from Uphold? Allowing you to have +4 more devices from what I am aware of. 4 on Uphold and 4 on Gemini. If you have maxxed out on device limits for both wallets, you could wait it out, stock pile it and hopefully one day they will implement a way to remove old devices no longer in use or until a new wallet becomes available. There is some sort of tool apparently avialable for devs to reset some older devices, however, the process would probably take months if not longer to address so many users. Hopefully with this change is on the way and hopefully they will just make it available for us all to reset our own devices.

1 Like

Folks. Consider the average number of devices someone owns, and the time frame for upgrading a device. So, we’ve a tablet, phone, and laptop in year one. That’s three of four. Perhaps we’ve only a phone to serve as our internet gateway–so we’ve three left. Fantastic, right?

I must consider why this is?

This is a lifetime cap.

If Brave is a privacy first browser then why am I limited to four identifiers. Four?

I’m not being salty senile, I just get more curious about this specific part–the device limit.

Brave is a browser. The transparency report…does it identify users or active browsers?

Isn’t the device limit a bad idea for a numbers game product?

Does any other app cap devices at a lifetime permissioned allowance?

1 Like

Yes, I sadly ran out on both when I migrated to Gemini… I will take your advice and let the tokens stockpile

There is supposed to be something in the works apparently for users to reset devices. But it is not out yet. I remember seeing some posts about it in the past few days. So at least change is coming, it is just a matter of time.

The limit if 4 is there for a very good reason. So people don’t start huge bat mining operations.

Uphold and Gemini each have a limit of 4. You could swap over to Gemini if they support your country for the time being.

Self serving user device management tool is currently under development. It shows on GitHub.
But there is no eta on it. But it will come.

So if you can not use uphold or Gemini anymore, just accumulate bat on your brave Wallet until this management tool is released. Then you should be able to delete old unused devices and link new ones.
The you can just verify your brave Wallet again and get the accumulated bats.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.