Another Case of Ads Not Coming In

My Brave Ads have not been showing up for the last week or so.

Dev version: Version 0.71.79 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)
and Regular version: Version 0.68.141 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit) - no ads on either.

Windows 10: Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

I am on the computer for work most of every day and have been getting 40+ BAT per month for viewing ads since ads were enabled. I am a Creator as well and get BAT that way.

I have checked the catalog @ https://ads-serve.brave.com/v1/catalog ? - full.

I have unistalled and reinstalled both versions - still no ads.

I followed the Windows 10 troubleshooting guide to include Focus Assist changes - still no ads.

@mmcharter Ads were not showing up in 0.72.x and above versions. Issue is aleady logged https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/6139 and it’s fixed will be included in upcoming build. Regarding brave stable released version 0.68.141, I am not sure why you are not receving ads. I am receving ads in 0.68.141. Did you change any system settings?

You mentioned above that you have already verified catalog file and which is full, that means you should be able to see ads. Can you please launch brave from command prompt and capture logs and share it across to me so that I can have a look.

Please use the below command to launch brave - C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser-Beta\Application\brave.exe --enable-logging --log-level=2 --vmodule=brave_ads=3 --brave-ads-production --rewards=staging=false

please share the chrome_debug.log file which will be created under profile folder under User Data folder.

Thanks!

Sorry @gsarvadnya - I have been busy last couple of days and did not see your request.

For whatever reason, Ads started back up today for me on BraveDev. I did not change any settings.

1 Like