Android Rewards Country Selection Button Doesn't Work

On Android, click brave rewards triangle icon, asked to select country. Select country from dropdown but Continue button does not work.

Android 13 (One UI 5.0), Brave 1.46.134 (Samsung A53 5G)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? Yes

What date did you verify your wallet? 6 November 2022

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? n/a, new to rewards

Are you using a VPN? (no)

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards? Yes

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner? Yes

Does your device pass the [SafteyNet] check (Android only)? Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner? No

EDIT: button is actually “Continue” not “OK”

1 Like

Probably clear ‘Cache’ data ?

That didn’t work unfortunately.

Also just edited original post as the button is actually “Continue” not “OK”

What version of Brave are you on ?

1.46.134 (see my original post)

Umm. I guess @SaltyBanana @Evan123 might be able to suggest something better.

Thanks for bring this to our attention.

We are currently looking into the issue keeping some users from selecting the proper country.

Thanks again for your patience on this matter.

1 Like

I have same issue. When I tap to select country, Brave crashes.
Brave version: 1.46.138

@kadir Your issue is different than OP. Theirs is can’t click on it. Yours is that browser crashes. Theirs is on Android 13, yours is on Android 7.

And just FYI, yours has a fix coming soon. It was scheduled to have the maintenance update release today, but for some reason it didn’t.

OP here, managed to solve my problem.

I completely wiped all the settings, cache etc then discovered that I’d disabled notifications. When I was trying to click the button in question a notification pops up that I needed to OK, I wasn’t getting that previously.

So I would mention to the devs that a check of notification settings is needed otherwise the user won’t be able to set up rewards.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.