Android Receiving No Notification Ads

Briefly describe your issue:

Currently I am receiving no notification ads on my android device. I have read through all suggested topics and forum posts on this topic. My PC receives notification and new tab wall paper ads perfectly fine. My mobile device just shows wall paper ads and no notification ads.

Plenty of ads according to:
https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/

Notification ads are my preferred ad delivery as I take time to read them vs. new tab ads. When I create a new tab I am almost always focused on searching for something or opening a site that I don’t pay
attention as much to them. Notifications ads can sit until I can give them my attention.

Having only one delivery method severely reduces BAT so that I cannot tip out and support publishers as much. Defeating the purpose of the system. It is hard for me to justify blocking their ads (their ad revenue) and not being able to compensate them in return with BAT.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Samsung S20+. Brave version: 1.26.77. Android 11; Build/RP1A.200720.012

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

No - use to have to have a 25 BAT min. Have
about 20 now but keep tipping my favorite sites and lack if notification ads makes it grow slowly. Also my plan is tip and share most of my BAT with publishers so I don’t know if I really need a wallet. Haven’t decided.

What date did you verify your wallet?

N/A

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Seldom. When on unsecure networks. Typically in my alt browser. Sometimes I use Brave because it is just a better browser.

When not at home and no WiFi connection I am on cellular data my IP address can change frequently. Sometimes routed through Iowa, sometimes Chicago, sometimes New York, sometimes Kansas.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Of course: United States

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Yes

Also looking at: my Brave logs I am seeing hundreds of pyment balance not ready errors.

I feel I go through the same thing, this month I have noticed minimal ads even when trying on Linux, Windows or Droid. Some days I will receive like 1 ad or 3 but never anything more. New tab page ads still come through on all devices. I made test profiles on another Linux OS, Windows 10 and another Android and those come in as normal, so it cannot be due to my location and most importantly my connection.

One thing I will say maybe for your case, what do you mean when you say your cellular data changes IP addresses routing through Iowa, Chicago N.Y. etc. Is this some VPN that could be not allowing you to receive ads? Because from what I know, even if brave supports VPN, (they have ads for their own service I believe) VPNs can really screw up seeing ads. Although I thought this was more for like trying to appear you are in Germany for example to attempt to get another countries targeted ad campaigns.

My 20 year old son will receive notification ads standing right next to me sharing the same WiFi connection. He also has the same error in his logs as I mentioned above.

As far as cellular data. I live in rural area. I work a half an hour away from home near a time zone change. It is not uncommon to bounce from tower to tower having dead spots long enough to reset the ip address. When I am at work the tower I hit is in a different time zone. So my time zone changes even though I am not in that time zone.

Shutting down your phone for a few minutes then reconnecting can also switch up your IP. In my area it seems to have the same IP block.

Cellular data acts VPNish when it comes to location. With cellular the path it bounces can report different locations. (Probably the location of the last destination of my provider hit along the request path. tower to tower-served to server) Using 5 different IP address look ups gave me 4 different state locations. One in Iowa, one in New york, one in Tennessee, One from two different cities in Nebraska. Same IP. Tested this with multiple browsers. With WiFi and fiber at home it is always the same and correct location of my provider.

However, connecting with WiFi at home does not change my android device no longer receiving notification ads. My PC does. My son does on his Android device as well.

Added: I really don’t care about the BAT. I am finding it to be a great alternative way to support my favorite verified publishers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.