[Android] Brave Crashes When Adding a Network in Brave Wallet

Description of the issue:
I trying to add Harmony network from https://chainlist.org/ in Brave Wallet but It crashes every time.

Are you using the (new) Brave Wallet or the (old) Crypto wallets implementation?
New Brave Wallet

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to Chainlist.
  2. Tap on “Connect Wallet”.
  3. Tap on the prompt “This page wants to interact with Brave Wallet”. Notice in the video, that if I didn’t tap on the prompt right away, it doesn’t come back on tapping “Connect Wallet” again. And can be brought back only through Brave Wallet icon in the URL bar.
  4. Login to Brave Wallet
  5. Search Harmony network and “Add to Brave”

And Brave crashes.

Brave Version (check About Brave):

Additional Information:
Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F5blGBoG_IagUl-Kcxgzys-YELT1R3ue/view?usp=sharing

And in the Wallet extension in the URL bar, the balances are displayed in ETH instead of their native currency. This is for all networks- Polygon, Cello, Binance, Avalanche etc. Like for Polygon, I have 0.0134 MATIC not ETH and its value in $ is also wrong.-

Also on DEXs like Sushiswap, Uniswap, ViperExchange (for Harmony- I added it manually), the prompt to connect account doesn’t appear when tapping “Connect Wallet”, it comes with Wallet extension flawlessly. And it takes very long to load balances (I observed for ONE on Harmony network) and sometimes they never load (on SushiSwap for me). But almost instantly in Metamask. @Mattches @brian

Also it would be great if there is ability to copy account addresses right from the wallet extension panel like on Desktop. Similarly show masked addresses in the panel.

1 Like

Thank you for reporting — reaching out to our Wallet team now to see if we’re aware of this or not.

Thank you for the detailed report. We’ve opened an issue for this here:

Cool. Also, this is in RealMe X7 Max with Android 11.

1 Like

You are right. Language was the issue and English in Brave’s language Settings works. I hope it works for other languages too, like Hindi. :smiley:

Also, I mentioned some more in OP like native currency of other Networks is wrongly displayed as ETH in wallet extension panel.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.