Android 6.0.1, Brave 1.46.154 'Oops! Your browser cannot receive Brave Private Ads.'

Briefly describe your issue:*

I was logged out of my connection to Gemini and after I logged back in I started to see the message on the brave;//rewards page “Oops! Your browser cannot receive Brave Private Ads.” I went to try and update Brave from the google play store and Brave is not showing up. I found the link to it and it says my device isn’t any longer supported. I am on Android 6.0.1. I can understand ending support for older devices, but why disable ads from being delivered when they were working just fine up to that point? To add to this, I have another exact same device that is on the exact same version of Android and the same version of Brave and it doesn’t display this message about ads3. Even after I had to reconnect it to Gemini. Is there any way around this inability to receive ads on this device with the error message or am I just forced to upgrade to a newer device with newer Android version capability?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Android 6.0.1, Brave 1.46.154

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile? 07/21/2021

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) Yes, I have since the beginning with no problems

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? Yes

You will have to upgrade anyway. Brave is changing the rewards implementation in few weeks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.