An extension labelling pages invalid

Over the last few days I’ve had repeated instances of being unable to access pages I’ve never had any trouble with. I receive the message copied below, and cannot go back to the original page. thx.

"maomempcdmkfcjgeabecfpkebghcigac is blocked

This page has been blocked by Brave

ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT"

When refreshed, the next message shows:

" invalid is blocked

This page has been blocked by Brave

ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT"

1 Like

@maveet,
Can you please share with me the site you’re referring to? Additionally, can you please tell me what Brave version and OS you’re using at this time?

Do you use any anti-virus software @maveet Does disabling it help?

Hi. Version 1.28.106; Mac OS 11.5.2. Happening on Twitter, also Mother Jones, not sure if there are others. Once it gives me the messages, I can’t go back to the page I was looking for. Also, this is occuring on tabs that I’ve opened previously, and are inactive.

OK, I’ve tried a few others. (I always have lot’s of windows and tabs. It’s not been a problem until now.) And there are others, including theGuardian. I can only know what site it was if I hover over the tab and get the name. If I try to open it, gone. Thanks for helping.

As far as I can see, no active anti-virus. thx

@maveet,
Can you tell me what extensions you have installed? If you disable them and browse, does the behavior stop?

I have a lot of extensions. Firefox has a safe start (can’t remember exact name) that starts up w/o extensions for testing purposes. Also, I haven’t seen a way to disable Bravo extensions, only to remove. thx.

@maveet,
To disable the extensions, go to brave://extensions and turn the toggle for each extension “off”.

I disabled most of them. Left some close tabs and wikiwand. Same problem continues. Problem only started within this week. Thanks for showing me how to disable instead of remove extensions.

@maveet,
Please disable all of them and test. In fact, you may want to try creating a temp. new browser profile and test to see if you get the same behavior when using that profile.

OK, disabled all. Then went to 3 of the problem tabs and reloaded, but no change.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tabxpert-session-and-tab/maomempcdmkfcjgeabecfpkebghcigac

So installing this doesn’t work? I just tested this, seems to working okay

Funny (?) you should ask about this. TabXpert first appeared to me a couple weeks ago. I can’t recall adding this, have other tab extensions. Now when I think about it, my current problem may have started after I deleted TabXpert. I didn’t like it replacing another tab ext that I’d been using. You may have caught the origin of the problem.

I’ve reinstalled TabXpert. It turned many of the missing tab icons into its t symbol. They still didn’t open, until I quit and restarted. Now seems to be fine, most of tabs like they should be. I’d thought it was the problem, instead TabXpert turned out to be the solution. Thanks very much.

1 Like

Removing TabXpert seems to have resolved the issue.