Amazon Prime Video broken

Description of the issue: Amazon Prime Video is broken. When trying to watch a video or trailer, I get this error: "We’re experiencing a problem playing this video. For assistance, please go to www.amazon.com/dv/error/7031."

When trying to add a title to my Watchlist, it gives me this error: “MISSING STRING AVOD_DP_E_error_ok”

On every page, where the Profile drop down menu is, there is a red box error: “Profile features are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.”

It seems to be browser specific, it happens on Brave, but not on Opera or Edge. Turning off shields does nothing, turning off AdBlock and disabling extensions doesn’t help. I updated Brave thinking that would help but it didn’t. I also updated Windows and restarted several times.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Launch Brave
  2. Visit any video page at Amazon Prime Video (https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Video/b/?ie=UTF8&node=2858778011&ref_=nav_cs_prime_video)
  3. Attempt to add to watch list or watch the video. Won’t play.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Popup errors

Expected Result:
Video should play

Reproduces how often:
Always

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.13.86 Chromium: 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes

Additional information:
I’m on Windows 10.

Did the issue present with default Shields settings?: Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?: No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration: No

Does the site function as expected when using other web browsers?: Yes

What Brave version/Build are you using when you encounter the issue?: Whichever build was before this one, and this one: Version 1.13.86 Chromium: 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Hey @perfrw7

I just tested this, no issues adding to a watchlist (no errors). Also checked video playback.

I would disconnect from any VPN (just to be sure), also trying Brave in a clean profile.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.