Am i wasting my time on brave rewards? Because my country is not in the selected once?

Operating System: Linux - Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Brave version: Version 1.44.108 Chromium: 106.0.5249.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Browser is not verified

What date did you verify your wallet?
Ans: February 4 2022

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Ans. No

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
Ans: No

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?
Ans: Yes

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?
Ans: No

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Ans: Using Desktop Browser

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?
Ans: Not Linked

No, not wasting your time most likely. Don’t know which region you’re in, so can’t give you a specific answer. Overall though, countries will be getting added again. Goal is still end of this year, though we’ll see if they manage to do it. You still earn BAT and will be able to claim and have them stored in your browser. So then wnen your counitry would be available again, you’ll be able to withdraw them.

1 Like

Hi Saolray, I am from India. And It’s been 1 year since I’m purely using Brave instead of any other browser. I have lost couple of BATs before earlier because I didn’t aware of the backup functionality of BATs and reinstall Brave for some reason, and because Gemini did’t connect to brave at that time to.

This time I need to switch my system and want to get brave verification, so that i can back up my account/BATs otherwise I’m gonna loose them again.

Please tell me if you can help. I’m gonna loose the access of this device in couple of days. So my BATs.

Hey, me too.

Well thats sad

See if the above helps. TBH, there’s nothing much to do when it comes to mobile.

There’s already a post about this here. Read the post as well, that could help you understand if any solution or not.

Hello @SmartyAadi,
Thanks for sharing information.

The information that you share with link where @Saoiray gave a solution to Desktop users “transfer /brave-browser folder to new system” is useful if it works. But I’m switching my platform to (Ubuntu/Linux → Windows 11). And it’s hard to identify which folder I need to transport to my new system if may use same OS as current(Ubuntu) on my new system, because Windows’s and Linux’s directory architecture is different and i can’t move ubuntu-brave-browser directory to windows-brave-browser directory.

Please tell me if I’m wrong and i can somehow transport my Brave Browser.

Umm not quite sure about that then
3. Regarding “Users manually backup (copy/paste) and restore their user profiles to new computers (restoration fails as we could not decrypt the wallet as each instance of the wallet has its own decryption key)”, we made some changes recently that makes copy-pasting like this much more reliable, so users can do it if they are tech savvy, and if they are otherwise out of options. (In other words, that line is slightly out of date, will probably be updated, but is still somewhat relevant given not all users have updated.) However, it is extremely important that users do this properly: first by making sure their browser is updated to the latest version of Brave (brave://help), and then completely replacing the /brave-browser folder on a new installation. Failing to perform those steps can lead to all kinds of unexpected behavior. Still, this is not the officially supported path, so there are no guarantees.

The above was told by @chriscat

1 Like

Guess I’ll loose my BATs again either way.

Backup your UserData folder to the new OS and see if it works, don’t know much about Linux but the encryption should be the same. Just try this before losing access to the old device, so you can still have options.

I don’t think it will work since Linux Directory architecture is totally different. So just tipping people since it’s good to be useful for someone then waste :slight_smile:

@piyushdoesart You find your directory by going to brave://version It shows a lot of details, but you’ll be looking for Profile Path and then it tells you specifically where on your device it’s at.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.