Always ask and Allow individual permission

System: Manjaro Linux
Brave version: 1.17.73

I would like to know if two things is possible, more specific for camera and mic permissions on google meet, although I think it will apply to any site.

1- Always Ask permission, I set to “Ask”, but once I allow it completely change to “Allow”.
2- Allow individual/apart permission (Firefox like) for camera and mic.

Just to clear: I want to when I enter google meet to always ask permission and to ask the permissions individual/apart, really Firefox like.

1 Like

Description of the issue: Microphone/camera access has only 2 options – always allow or continue blocking. Need a middle option of “always ask” or “ask each time.”

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. Set microphone/camera access in Brave Settings > Shields > Site and Shields Settings to “Blocked”
2. Visit any site which requests mic/camera access.
3. Unblock the mic/camera and perform the given audio video task.
4. After finished using the mic/camera, device access still remains open to the page – user must select “block” setting again (and refresh the page to take effect).
screenshots attached

Expected result: I expect the permission to be revoked after the page uses the device once. Brave should have a third “ask every time” or “ask each time” setting. Instead of a binary toggle, radio buttons

Reproduces how often: Current built-in settings, so every time.

Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 1.18.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no): yes, if “live release” means latest version

Additional Information: Use case is customer service IP/softphone services via HubSpot and CloudTalk. I use Firefox for HubSpot, which asks every time. Unfortunately CloudTalk does not support Firefox so I am currently using Brave, but I have to constantly block and unblock the site between calls. Not that I don’t trust CloudTalk, but I consider this to be good standard practice at all times.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.