Always allow ... to open links of this type in the associated app?

Whether it’s email or Facetime, everytime the pop up appears

and I select the check box and then click Open Facetime it doesn’t save the setting. I have to do this each and everytime I click on a phone link. The same is happening for email, it won’t save my default email program and asks me how to handle the link everytime I click the link:

** Version 1.16.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.183 (Official Build) (x86_64)
:**

8 days old message and no reply?

14 days and still waiting…

Quick response here. 22 days.

@bkarlan,
If I recall correctly, you will have to do this on a per-site basis. Meaning if you check it for google.com, you may have to check the box again for whatever.com.

Unless you’re saying that if you check the box for examplesite.com, then return to/refresh examplesite.com later and have to re-check this box – that I believe would be an issue.

Yes, it is site by site. Is there a way to make that not so and make it a universal setting?

@bkarlan,
No, at this time you will have to give each site permission to open a link in an associated app – and I believe you would want this to be the behavior to avoid malicious sites/bad actors from taking advantage of the fact that permissions for a site to access your system are already given.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.