I very much want to try Brave payments with BAT, so I need to buy me some BATs. I tried this Uphold thing, but I don’t like:
- They demand your cell phone and your picture ID before you can plug even a little bit of money (doesn’t apply if you got your bitcoin elsewhere, apparently).
- There is a minimum of 50 dollar transaction for funding your wallet, and a minimum of 75 euro for a SEPA transfer.
- If you forget about them for three months, they will start collecting fees from your account.
I think this might put off other people as it does put me off. Apparently there are several alternative exchanges, but I don’t know about them. They sure have their issues.
I thought it would be nice to have a post in this forum with the alternatives sorted off, clear conditions, etc. Not the whole thing, just the features that are important for a newbie to start using payments for the first time, using their fiat currency. Existing bitcoin users don’t need this post.
Something like this:
- Requires cell-phone for two-factor authentification. Apparently, it doesn’t have to be a smartphone.
- Requires a picture of your official ID (passport, driving license, state ID)
- Requires a clear picture
- Accepts ACH and SEPA transfer for adding funds
- Does not accept credit card for adding funds
- 1.95% fee for fiat -> BAT
- Collects 1USD/month if you do not add funds, or move money in 90 days, 5USD/month if you do not add funds, or move money in 180 days, 10USD/month if you do not add funds, or move money in 360 days. Moving money from your fiat card to your wallet should be enough.