Alt Tab/Window Focus Issue

Description of the issue: When “alt + tab” to Brave Beta I need to click on the Brave window before being able to use keyboard shortcuts. Example. I am working within a different program and then “alt + tab” to brave and then hit “ctrl + t” for a new tab and nothing happens. I then click on the Brave window and can then use “ctrl + t” to open a new tab. This is a recent issue as this wasn’t the case in the past, but unfortunately I can’t recall which version this issue started on.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. This behavior is consistent every time I alt tab to Brave from other applications. I find that this ins’t an issue if I just alt tab from Brave, to another application, and back to Brave, UNLESS I click/work within the other application.

Example 1: Working in Brave, alt tab to note pad, alt tab to Brave and shortcuts still work.

Example 2: Working in Brave, alt tab to note pad, type in note pad, alt tab to Brave and shortcuts only work after clicking with the mouse in the Brave window.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result: To be able to alt tab to Brave and use keyboard shortcuts without needing to click with mouse.

Reproduces how often: Almost all the time. Occasionally I won’t need to click on the window for Brave to recognize shortcuts. I’d say 9 out of 10 times I do need to click on the window.

Brave Version(about:brave): Version 0.59.12 Chromium: 72.0.3626.17 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no): Unknown

Additional Information:

I assume you’re using Windows? If so, which one? I don’t seem to have this error on my end. I’m able to alt + tab ( and cmd+tab fwiw) and shift focus to the Brave window in the way you described.

Sorry for not including that in my original post. Yep. I am running Windows 10, version 1803.