Allow Brave users to link to their own wallet address as an alternative to Uphold? Uphold executive accused of fraud

I would like to purpose that Brave users have payouts to their own personal wallet address. The reason I purpose this feature is for security and privacy by not having to go through a third-party. If this feature isn’t possible to implement then why does brave have Uphold as the the only option? Brave can still have the mandatory minimum to verify but you would have the option of Uphold or a wallet address for payouts when you verify.

One thing that worries me is people losing lots of coins that are held by uphold once verified. I lost a-lot and a developer/community support was kind enough to reimburse 25 BAT, a fraction of what I lost but he did not have to do that. I like the BAT but what I like the most is when I see an AD that introduces me to a product or service that I wouldn’t have known about.

Thank you for your time and for introducing Brave which I think is innovative and the constant evolution while listening to the feedback of the consumers of Brave.

Also there’s this

6 Likes

BAT coins on the Etherium algorithm
Imagine that you have earned 3 BAT and the transfer commission to your personal wallet is about $ 40 at the moment. How do you think it will be profitable?

2 Likes

How is having all your crypto taken out of your wallet profitable?

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/ethereum-transactionfees.html currently $7 per-transaction.

1 Like

Directly from Browser only Uphold
since internal payments they have 0% commission.
I myself do not like Uphold, but there is no alternative so that users do not lose money when transferring.
Here is an option for Brave to create its own wallet, but in this case it will look like a crypto exchange. And these are completely different sanctions, etc.

4 Likes

wow, i always thought there was some fishiness going on but not to this extent.

how long till we find out someone is taking all the suspended bat for personal gain lulz

4 Likes

Payments don’t have to be auto. You can hold them in your browser wallet.

Goodnight.

1 Like

I mean 0% when transferring from brave for users, and withdrawal from uphold already comes with a commission, since all payments of cryptocurrencies are entered into the blockchain.

2 Likes

Transfer the funds when the fees are lower

1 Like

How, if payments are automatic and you can’t choose

Payments don’t have to be auto. You can hold them in your browser wallet. Wallet is built in honestly we should have the choice of when we transfer anyways.

Goodnight.

I paid $500.00 in “commission” fees.

15 votes, very nice!

That’s the change I’m proposing, there’s already a wallet. Look at the number of people whose BAT doesn’t transfer already.

Have you considered unlinking uphold from Brave Rewards and using the CryptoWallet Brave Browser (ahem… Google) extension? It’s certainly available on laptop, PC and iPad where browser if Google is your search engine and you turn on the allow Google extensions button in setting. And of course select the install and activate the browser extension. It is accessible right through the brave rewards icon next to the shield; and in the settings.

Once installed; the crypto wallet has options to set up with Ledger, Traezor, wallet connect, MEW, MetaMask, and can be used with the ipfs extension as a solo miner if you are running a local node daemon with remote proxy to solo mine (very common config for being able to move crypto or are into staking; etc). I’ve even using crypto wallet for Brave for as long as I remember, and I love uphold as a phone app especially because it works great with Apple Pay and the Uphold MasterCard is one of few prepaid finding sources accepted by most exchanges.

But as you allude to in your post it can be quite burdensome and has had several glitches. The good news is Brave already granted your wish and it’s called Crypto Wallet; or you can elect to use any other wallet you want if you copy your internal private key from brave rewards setup and add it to the wallet of your choosing…

3 Likes

Uphold has been an all around disaster. I don’t care about BAT anymore because the issues just aren’t worth fixing if I have to use an absolute sh*t wallet. Still love Brave though, and it is my one and only browser.

Guys have a solution coming out soon!

What’s the solution?
How do you know?

Because community support posted it. Exchanges for now. Gemini and another I believe. It’s a step in the right direction, I know the Brave team wanted uphold out of the picture, it was never supposed to be disappearing BAT.

1 Like

Here for details on when we get more options!

1 Like