Allow Brave to open a file (not an URL) as a default home page

In Firefox, I use a file on my hard drive as my home page. I have thousands of links in my home page. Firefox allows me to browse for that HTML file on my computer. Brave will not let me open a file and set it as my default home page. I have tricked Brave to show that page by importing it from Firefox. But when I tell it to go back to my home page it won’t. So I restart Brave. Thanks for your consideration.

Hello @VoodooII, thank you for reaching us out. Can you please answer the following questions so we can further investigate the issue:

1 - What kind of device and OS do you have?
2 - Have you updated to the latest Brave version? If this is a desktop computer found at brave://version) to download the most recent one (https://brave.com/download/)

3 - A screenshot of the issue (if possible).

Regards.

Hi Jarc-1107,
As requested from your message, I am running Linux Mint Cinnamon 21 on a custom desktop with a high end ASUS Z590-A mobo. I always do my updates including Brave (1.45.123). In LMC 21, it tells you when there are updates for the OS and/or software. In the current Linux Firefox, all I have to to do is go to the menu bar and select File > Open File… I wish Brave had a menu bar. As a 73-year old, I value the standard menu bar that Microsoft invented.
Thanks in advance,
VoodooII

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.