All saved passwords gone .... Thanks

Description of the issue: So now all my password are gone, can i recover them ???

Has the passwords file(s) has been overwritten ? If not could you tell me exact file/files i so i can recover the passwords manually with some tool ??
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Set Desktop Password ( skip if you have :open_mouth: )
  2. Change it.
  3. Reboot

Expected result: All saved passwords gone

Brave Version: Version 1.29.77 Chromium: 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) (64-bit) @ Windows 10 Pro Build 18363.1556 Ver: 1909

1 Like

@AAAAxxx,
Did your passwords disappear after an update, or are you saying that they disappeared after resetting your system password?

They did disappear after changing password, i have verified it as i saved 2 passwords then changed back to the old one with hope passwords to appear, but the those 2 passwords disappeared again

Yes and to confirm, you’re only changing the system’s account password, not the system account itself yes?

@Mattches Yes i have only changed password… I have only one account
I think this doesn’t matter, but password was changed via command prompt : net user password

@Mattches Any updates? Can i recover my passwords ?

@AAAAxxx,
Apologies for the late reply here.
So you may be able to recover your passwords but I cannot promise it. Basically, the way in which you reset your password changed the private key used to decrypt this data. However, there is a chance that, if you remember your old password, changing password back to what it was then access to this data should be possible again as described here:

Do you remember the old password you used before running the net user command? If so, can you please try changing the password again back to the original one and testing to see if allows you to access your data again?

@Mattches Already did that, but it doesn’t work (password files or data have been overwritten), thanks anyway