All of my Extensions keep on getting deleted

Description: Every time I close the browser, all of my extensions get deleted. Restarting the PC is not required for it to occur. The Extensions do remember my preferences, thus, I think the cache is not getting deleted.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Add an Extension, doesn’t matter from where, even installing a local crx file will give the same result.

2. Close Brave Browser.

3. Reopen Brave Browser.

4. Extensions are gone.

Actual Result: Extensions getting deleted.

Expected result: Extensions not being deleted

Reproduces how often: Every time Brave is closed.

Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (32-bit)

Brave Version: Version 1.15.76 Chromium: 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Additional Information:

It happened suddenly. I have been using Brave since a month and have a lot of extensions installed at all times. On starting Brave I saw that the wallpaper was changed, which was not possible since I use an extension to bypass Brave’s original new tab screen. On closer inspection, I found that all of my extensions have been deleted.

Themes are safe from this problem, the theme is still installed after multiple times closing and opening brave. Restarting PC has no effect on it.

Please don’t ask me to update to Windows 10, my PC is a potato and literally dies from the strain of Windows 10. I only have a Gigabyte of RAM installed and I don’t have any Graphics Card installed. It is a potato that I have been using since the last 12 years. Processor is Intel Core 2 Duo (E4700).

Activating or deactivating Developer mode has no effect, The first time it happened I had it on and have done the same after deactivating developer mode to no avail.

I only have one profile on Brave, and am not creating new profiles every time I close the Browser.

Thank you for visiting my question.

Hello @Dekiru

windows 7 is the last working windows i use
and windows 10 is so bad and full of bugs
and i love the potato lool

could you create a new profile just for testing and install one extention of the one that you already used then restart brave and reopen that new profile and see if it work fine or not then keep doing that one by one till you get the one that cause the issue

hope that help and have a nice day

Any and all Extensions are causing problems, not a specific one. And I’ll try creating a new profile today, thank you.

And yes windows 10 does cause a lot of problems.

Have a nice day.

you welcome and thanks and you too :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.