All my family devices are flagged

Hello, Ive been using Brave reward since June 7, 2021 without any problem. This past December I decided to install brave browser on my daughter’s tablet, my son’s desktop, and my wife’s laptop so they could also starting earning rewards. I linked all of the devices to my uphold account without any issues. But in January 6, I tried to linked all devices to my account and the Pop up appeared stating the account was flagged. So basically, all family’s account was flagged. Even my own account that Ive been using without any issues for about 2 years now have been flagged. We dont use vpn, I think that they just banned our IP address, is that possible? I live in New Jersey. Can anyone help us go about to solving this.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Window 10
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) yes

What date did you verify your wallet? june 7 2021

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) no

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)? united states yes

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)? yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner? yes

It’s probably because of Brave thinking you’re trying to BAT farm since more than 4 - 5 (no official limit is known, so it’s just my guess) are from the same IP address I suppose. And also there could be a lot of other reasons for such.

Any violation of Brave’s Terms can result in your account being flagged. You can find their Terms of Service for Brave Rewards at https://basicattentiontoken.org/user-terms-of-service/ 6

Some quick examples of things that often result in flagged accounts can be:

• Using a VPN, Proxy Server, or other such thing to hide or fake your location. This is because it can be seen as you trying to bypass ad restrictions. Remember, advertisers pay so content is shown to specific regions. When you appear to be in a region you’re not, it is taking advantage of the system to see ads and receive BAT you shouldn’t be getting.
  • Modifying folders. There are some things you’re encouraged to do but some people do dig deep and try modifying folders that affect your encryption key OR where Users think they can fool the system into thinking they’ve seen more ads or have more BAT in their browser than they really do. Whether intentional or accidental, messing with the wrong things will get your account flagged.
  • Your setup sends mixed information to Brave. For example, maybe you’re in the United States. Your IP address shows you in California, your language is English-IN, and your time zone is correct. This will tell Brave you should see ads from India but then it sees that you’re actually in California. At this point it will think you’re trying to trick the system to see more ads and might flag you. If nothing else, it can result in you not getting BAT for ads that you do see.
  • Cloning your browser. Some people have learned how to do unofficial backup & restore and have the “great idea” that they can make multiple copies of the same browser on different devices and then Verify them with a custodial wallet like Uphold or Gemini. The system recognizes this and will flag the account and prevent anything from happening. Of course, even if unintentional, creating two exact copies of the browser and encryption key will be seen as attempting to do this and will flag you. So never have two identical copies of the browser running.
  • Uphold or Gemini identifies your account as fraudulent and/or there’s a violation of laws.
  • Any other type of suspicious activity is recognized by the system or Brave staff.
    That said, just like people, the system isn’t flawless and mistakes can happen. If you haven’t done anything wrong, you can always create a ticket

you are only meant to link your browsers to your uphold. your family would need their own uphold accounts for each person. linking them all to the same accout is fraud.

Just to point out that people under 18 can’t open their own accounts. And in the genuine case of families, I’m not convinced that constitutes fraud.

Hello,

Could you please submit the information surrounding your issue to our Rewards Support form. From there we can provide further assistance and investigate your case.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.