All my bookmarks have gone

Description of the issue:
out of the blue every thing in brave have deltetd bookmarks history sites that i am sign in
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. i didnot now

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 0.70.121 Chromium: 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Additional Information:

1 Like

Can you make sure you’ve no “accidentally” created a new profile? Circle icon at upper right.

Also, your Brave is outdated. Latest version is 1.9.x.

1 Like

Hi, @m_zaki. @eljuno may be headed this way, but you can also check for profiles in Explorer. Here are a couple of related posts that should be helpful with the caveat that before you try any of the things described, you should create backup copies of whatever profile folders are there. Bear in mind that the file structures are essentially the same across all platforms with slight path differences, so posts showing macOS can still be useful to Windows/Linux folks and vice versa.

no such sign like this here

and i didnot create any profile

i didnot find this folder

i found the folder in this direction AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\

but after doing all this steps i still not able to get the data back

Looks like the Windows path in the linked posts was incomplete.

The Brave Browser User Data folder holds your profile folders (Default, Profile 1, Profile 2, etc,) and in Windows 10 is at
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\
sometimes shorthanded as
~\%AppData%\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\"User Data"\

AppData is ordinarily hidden. To see it in Explorer, click the View tab of the window you’re using and check the Hidden items checkbox

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.