After upgrading to 1.45.123 Brave won't popup saved passwords

Brave now showing saved passwords when password input is alone:

After the upgrade, if I go to sites that only show the password after inputting the username in the previous screen, I can see the key icon on the browse bar with the saved password, but the password is not being filled as it was before. If the form has a username and password field it works

if I click on the password field, the password is not shown/filled

Expected result:
To fill passwords as it was on previous versions

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Versión 1.45.123 Chromium: 107.0.5304.110 (Build oficial) (64 bits)

I’m having this exact same issue.

@gugaiz,
Are the credentials you’re trying to enter stored in 1-password or in the browser?

They are stored in the browser. I don’t have 1password extension enabled.

@gugaiz,
According to your first screenshot, 1-Password is enabled:

Are you saying that you see this same behavior even when 1-Password is disabled? Additionally, do you have other extensions installed in the browser at this time?

Sorry, after you mentioned 1password, I uninstalled the extension to test (it was disabled before) but didn’t make any difference. Here is the new screenshot from AWS SSO login (you see the AWS icon now).

Also, the first screenshot is from the 1password login page (which is a page where it fails), that’s because you see the 1password icon, but the extension was disabled.

I have other extensions installed, but if I start as incognito (without extensions enabled) it is the same behavior.

I’ve let the team know about this and we are looking into possible causes. In the interim, in the same way you tested with a Private window, can you please also test with a fresh profile and tell me if you get the same behavior?

Hi @Mattches I tested with a fresh profile and after login in for the first time and saving the password, the subsequent logins didn’t suggest the password although the password was saved (I see the key icon on the search bar). Confirmed that it is the same behavior.

Thank you for testing — one more test to try, which is seeing if this happens on all sites or is this just for the one website?

Mostly on sites where the username is asked on one screen and the password on a second screen (for example AWS sso login), or sites that only require a password and not a username (1password).

For sites with username and password fields on the same screen, it does work fine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.