ADs working on android but not on Windows

Description of the issue:
I’m being shown ads at my mobile device (android) but not at my personal computer (windows).

Every now and then an ad pops out at the computer, but the “estimated earnings” stay the same. For comparison, at my windows I’m with 0.115 BAT, at mobile 0.414 BAT

Both of them are configured for a maximum of 10 ads/hour

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Configure ads for showing 10 ads/hour

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Almost no ads are shown

Expected result:
Plenty of Ads being shown

Reproduces how often:
Every time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Version 1.35.103 Chromium: 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10

Additional Information:

4 days and here’s the update:

BATs on windows: 0.115 (no change at all)
BATs on android: 0.462 (an increase of 0.048, which seems to be working fine)

Conclusion: There’s definitely something wrong with my brave on windows. I’ve already tried creating another profile so I could run it without extensions, no success at all.

Been having the same issue. Ads freely coming through on android, don’t recall the last time on Windows browser (WIN 11). I went through steps here…Here's a fix for those not receiving ad notifications. (WIN 10)

still waiting to see is any change

Exactly the same here… And it seems like they’ve given up on us, since nobody replies here.

@steeven , Ad notifications do not come in windows system. Sponsor and brave news ads appear. I have sent you a DM how many times have I told you about this problem. Also, when will publisher payments be made?

If you have Windows Focus assist off and Notifications enabled in brave://settings/content/notifications, have you tried enabling Enable Brave Ads custom push notifications at brave://flags?

Yes. This is not the issue:

I also tried with other brave profiles (so I could run brave with no extensions), and got the same result: no ads showing.

Did you update to the latest Brave version, currently 1.37.111. On version 1.37.x they implemented a “flagged” message. Are you receiving this message?

I’m not receiving any message, and I have my Brave updated

That is so weird. Try this:

1. Confirm your OS is up to date and notifications for Brave are on. (Use the link @chonka provided if you haven’t checked and don’t know how.) If you’ve already done that then
  2. Clear history/cache, exit brave, and open back up.
  3. Disable any extensions and see if that makes a difference.
  4. Create a new profile and see if the same issue happens there.

And when all is said and done and you still have the issue, you should DM the moderators with a link to this post and your wallet payment id found at brave://rewars-internals.

Mattches and Steeven are the moderators who handle most of the rewards issues.

To send a direct message (DM) to a moderator:

1. Click on their icon on the About page then select the Message button in the top right corner or
  2. You can go to your profile and create a new message in Messages.
1 Like

Thanks!

Just sent the message. If I get any replies I’ll update here!

1 Like

Mattches solved it after I sent him these infos.

It seems like the problem wasn’t on my end.

1 Like

I had to reset my PC due to other issues. After the reset ads were back to normal again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.