Ads vs. Ad Notifications not 1-to-1 ratio

ads-feedback

I have been running the dev build consistently since Brave Ads launched there. Currently:

Brave is up to date
Version 0.63.11 Chromium: 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

One observation is that “Ad notifications received” under Brave Rewards > Ads does not correlate with the number of ad notifications actually received and clicked. The behavior I expect is that the “Ad notifications received” count would increase by 1 for each ad notification clicked at the time it is clicked. However, that does not occur consistently. What behavior should I expect to see?

Thank you.

Same for me. After well over 30 ads received my summary says 6 ads received and 0.90 BAT. I can find no pattern in why the 6 went through but they were all scattered in between many ads clicked that were not reflected in my rewards sumarry.

same here, something like 4 to 1 or 5 to 1

It has been about 24 hours since an Ad Notification click yielded an increase to either “Ad notifications received” or “Current earnings this month” for me under Brave Rewards > Ads. I probably clicked 10 to 15 ad notifications in that time span.

Brave is up to date
Version 0.63.14 Chromium: 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

Just FYI. Please let me know if there is any benefit to you of me keeping better track of this. Thank you.

Its seems like a file is getting corrupted or not being read correctly.

I’ve managed to get ads to count again by clearing data. I do not use the browser option to do this though. I close all browser instances and run Advanced System Care. I run a second scan if the problem still occurs. Seems to do the trick, at least for me.

I’m kind of the opposite… I’ve got 6 Ad notifications received (4 days using Dev, now) and I swear, I haven’t clicked on a single ad notification. I haven’t even SEEN an ad notification.

Have had several ad notifications in the past 2 days, which I clicked on, with no increase in rewards.