Ads started playing despite sheild being up

Description of the issue:
All websites i visit have ads, when previously there were none. Rebooting my computer and resetting brave does not restore the ad block
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. open brave
  2. go to any website that has a large amount of ads, like youtube, ads are shown and played
    3.tried resetting brave’s settings, and making the ad block more agressive, no change in ads

Expected result:
ads not playing
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Additional Information:

@Arzakhan,
Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm that sites other than YouTube are showing ads as well? For example, if you visit ign.com do you see this add in the image below appear at the top of the website with Shields up?

I do in fact see that ad on top of the ign page with sheild open

@Arzakhan,
Thank you for testing. A couple more things for you to test:

1. Can you try viewing these sites in a private browsing window and tell me if you get the same results?
  2. If number 1 above is true, can you please try creating a new temp. profile and visit sites where you see ads using that profile and see if you get the same results?

Additionally, can you go to brave://components and tell me the ad block updater version you’re currently running?

Thank you.

1. in a private menu I still get the ads
  2. the second profile has ads as well
  3. i could not find the file location
  4. I managed to fix it by uninstalling an reinstalling brave, so I no longer have the issue
1 Like

Thank you for updating – sorry we were unable to find the initial cause of the issue. Please don’t hesitate to reach out should the issue (or any issue) present itself again.

1 Like