Ads showing up after turned off

Description of the issue:
After stopping ads on my browser, I continue to get ads every day.
Previously I reported undercounting of ads, which was explained as a known bug (Tablet underreporting ads shown)

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Take tabled in hands
  2. See notifications :slight_smile:

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
At the moment, I have two notifications from Brave ad campaigns.

Expected result:
No ads seen.

Reproduces how often:
Daily. Probably several times a day. I get several ads per day.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
1.15.76, Chromium 86.0.4240.111
OS (Reported from “About brave”): 8.1.0; SM-T580 Build/M1AJQ

Mobile Device details
Galaxy Tab A (2016)
Android version 8.1.0
Samsung Experience Version 9.5
Kernel Version 3.18.14-15260192

(Edit: adding screenshot)

Hello @mungosponjiha

that the firs time i saw something like that

could you send screen shoot of the brave reward setting

by the way for your issue of counter they fixed it in case if you want to turn it back

and have a nice day

Hi @justsomeone1!

Thanks, I’ll gladly return the setting, but let’s see about this bug. I have added the screenshot. It is also visible in notifications that I still receive ads.

Take care!

1 Like

you welcome and thanks :slight_smile:

let me ask @tmancey for help
he get ads while he turned the reward system off

and have a nice day both of you

@mungosponjiha,
Do you by chance have Rewards/Ads enabled on a different browser profile? If so you may be seeing a situation like this, which I know the team is addressing presently:

Hi @Mattches,

I can’t seem to find this in options; do note that I use tablet in this particular use case. Sync is turned off, in case it plays a role.

Also (and I know this is the worst thing someone can write in a thread like this), I have just had an issue where Brave app crashes when I click on Brave logo in address bar (i.e. triangle that leads to brave rewards). Later on, from settings menu, I was able to reach the option. I reset the brave settings, so let’s see if that does something.

In the meantime, I have submitted error report (diagnostics). I do hope that reaches Brave and doesn’t just go to Google :slight_smile:

Hope it helps.

1 Like

@mungosponjiha,
It certainly does not go to Google :slight_smile:
Can you tell me what type of device it is that you are using? I think it may have more to do with the fact that it’s a tablet device.

Hi @Mattches,

I put this in original bug report, but here it is again:
Mobile Device details
Galaxy Tab A (2016)
Android version 8.1.0
Samsung Experience Version 9.5

Do you need smt else?

Cheers!

You absolutely did – apologies again. Let met reach out to Android team about this and see if I can get some additional input.

@mungosponjiha,
Can you share a screenshot of an ad that you see appearing?

Hey @Mattches,

Please find attached.
Note: I reset the brave rewards settings today (still disabled them, though) but without effect.

Cheers!

@mungosponjiha,
Suspicion confirmed!
So those are not actually Brave Ads, those are normal website notifications – meaning that website, t3.com, has been permitted (and seems to be following through with) to send you push notifications.

You can stop them from appearing by (quickest way):

1. Going to the offending website (t3.com)
  2. Tap the Lock icon in the address bar
  3. Tap Site settings
  4. Then under Permission, tap Clear & reset

Make sure you relaunch the browser to ensure these changes take effect. Now, next time you visit that site, it should ask you whether or not you would like to allow them to send you notifications or block them. Choose Block to stop them from appearing again.

Hope this helps!

5 Likes

@Mattches,

congrats!

I’m not the only user, which is why i had no idea this was enabled (or perhaps I did it without knowing).

Good catch! Thanks!

Cheers

1 Like