Ads Showing On IMDb Movie Pages

If you go to any IMDb movie page then numerous ads get through where just yesterday they were blocked.

Here’s an example URL: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4866448/

My version of Brave 1.17.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (x86_64)

I’m using macOS Mojave 10.14.6

I hope that’s everything you need.

We know that Brave Browser blocks ads but the numerous ad scripts of thousands of companies Popups TabUps PopUnders that create a diary is almost impossible to add everyone’s address in Brave Browser until a new update, if you want to add it manually I wish you but here you can that this list can help you

Good Luck

That doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Plus, these are Amazon ads. I can’t imagine the scripts aren’t mainstream. I’ve included screenshots below of how a page looked before and after.

If you’re trying to tell me that something like this would be fixed in the next update, that’s fine. I’m just trying to report a site that is no longer being blocked properly. If I came to the wrong place to do that, then feel free to point me in the right direction.

1 Like

You are in the Right Place, Thanks for Reporting, a Moderator will look at this Thread and can give you a better answer, Thanks for Reporting <3.

1 Like

I just tried the link. No ads appear on my end. So this should be something wrong with your device. You may try reinstall Brave and see if that works, if it’s worth the effort. :slight_smile:

I just tried it on another Mac–a laptop rather than a desktop–running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. Something tells me it isn’t device specific. Also, it’s every movie page on IMDb–not just the one I linked to.

imdb is quite a simple site. I can only think or consider the issue to be an browser extension side loading the ads into it. I would start in private window mode as the first step, maybe try a new brave profile as another option.

The only extension I have is LastPass. I can’t imagine that is side loading any ads.

I tried visiting in a private window and it does indeed get rid of the ads like the normal view should and used too. A screenshot of that is included below:

However, I do a get a wide range of behavior where it will load legit assets sometimes and others times not. Some examples are included below:

I’m not sure what another “brave profile” means, but I have tried this on another Mac running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 where it still shows the ads. I also tried it on a Windows 10 machine where it was a fresh install of Brave. It doesn’t show the ads there, but it does still bring in the banner ad you can see in the screenshot below from the Mac machine running macOS Mojave 10.14.6. I don’t have a good way of getting a screenshot off of the Windows machine.

Interestingly, if I log out of my IMDb account, then it blocks the ads. It still it brings in the banner ad before taking it out, but it’s back to the way it was before even when I was logged it in except it’s still turning the background black for some reason.

If I log back out again, it seems to fix it. At this point, I’m stumped. My best guess is that Brave is being thrown off a bit because it looks like they are trying to intermix Amazon with IMDb more in order to push Amazon Prime and they are in process of migrating the site over to a new look.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.