Ads show up but won't get any reward on Linux

My husband had a laptop with Win10, then changed the OS to Linux Lite and although the ads show up regularly he is not getting any rewards for them (he only got them the first day). I have a Macbook and I see a similar amount of ads but I do get rewarded.
There is any solution to that issue?
Thanks.

When opening a topic on Rewards, please include as much information about your situation and setup as possible. Rewards issues can be extremely complex and sensitive.
Please also ensure that you’ve read through the following topics/pages thoroughly before opening a topic as your question may have already been answered:

Hi !
Known issue, no fix actually.

Yo. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a similar problem…
I use Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS and I am only receiving one ad on the Brave Browser as Wallpaper. I received no Credit for viewing it or clicking on it.

1 Like

@MerceRolingson,
Are you referring to regular ads that appear as notifications? Or are you referring to sponsored images?

Both. In LinuxOS he hasn’t get any reward (since the day he installed brave that a few sponsored images gave him the rewards). He tried reinstalling but didn’t fix the issue.

@MerceRolingson,
So you’re saying that he sees ads but is not receiving payment for them. And by not getting Rewards, you mean his Estimated earnings for the month doesn’t increase when ads are viewed?

Can you tell me what distribution of Linux he is using?

Hello!

I am having the same issue with my Linux/Ubuntu. Ads do show up but no counting of the ads and no credit for them. The Ubuntu version running is Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, 64-bit.

Just to add more information for Windows 10 issue, the version of Windows 10 OS is 20H2, OS Build 19042.867, Experience 120.2212.551.0. Hope this may help the Support Team in their troubleshooting.

Thanks

This is a known issue that appears to affect multiple platforms. I am on Windows 10 20H2 and sponsored ads are neither counted in history nor rewarded in BAT.

C’est un problème connu qui semble toucher plusieurs plateformes. Je suis sur Windows 10 20H2 et les pubs sponsorisées ne sont ni comptabilisées dans l’historique ni récompensées en BAT.

Exactly. He is using Linux Mint Ulyssa 20.1 xfce.

@MerceRolingson,
Thank you for confirming.
Would you and/or your husband be willing to hop on a short call with me and/or one of our developers to screen share and dig into what may be happening on your (his) end?

1 Like

@MerceRolingson,
Additionally, can you send me a DM with your husbands wallet payment ID? He can find the ID on his brave://rewards-internals page so I can take a closer look on my end?

1 Like

Same. Linux Mint 19.3 image

No change in behaviour. Detection of estimated earnings change wallpaper ads don’t.

Hey Mattches, thanks for the attention you’ve been giving to this issue. I am @MerceRolingson’s husband.

As she told you, I use Linux Mint 20.1 Xfce. I think I created a wallet (at least, I have an account and an address), but it is as if Brave does not recognize it. Also, I tried using my Metamask wallet, same result.

If you want, we could set up a call, and also maybe this could help other people having the same issue.

Many thanks,

Manuel

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue with Brave on Ubuntu 18.04.05. I receive ~10-20 ad pop ups an hour, but my total ad count for the month is 22.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.