Ads not blocked on m.fark.com - Android

Description of the issue:
Ads on m.fark.com are not being blocked by the Android version of Brave.

Exact URL of the website in question:
m.fark.com

Screenshot of the ad as it appears in Brave

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
Yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
None that I’m aware of. I can tell you that Brave for iOS does not exhibit this issue.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes

Brave version (check About Brave):
Brave 1.6.2, Chromium 79.0.3945.93

I have tried clearing all app data - cache, local storage and cookies. This did not resolve the issue.

I couldn’t see any Taboola ads, I noticed “0” Ads and Trackers listed (I get 6). Can you clear your cookies and cache?

I have tried clearing all app data - cache, local storage and cookies. This did not resolve the issue. What might be causing this? Might I have some kind of malware installed on my phone? I’m using an AndroidOne device (Nokia 7.1) with very little in the way of additional apps.

EDIT: I just tried deleting all storage for the app, un-installing and re-installing Brave. Again, the ads are not being blocked.

Also can’t reproduce on my end. @agonypants can you try with Regional ad block enabled under Brave’s Settings > Privacy?

Thanks

or (with / without the regional adblock enabled) incase thats causing the issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.