Ads counter not updated since 1.10.97 and reward not updated too

new ads lost, it’s a real bloodbath for my futur payout

@hihouhou,
I’m not sure exactly why your counter isn’t changing, but I can tell you that seeing less ads does not mean that there is necessarily anything wrong – especially when it’s going from 600/mo to +/- 200. You are not guaranteed to see any specific number of ads every day/month.

@Mattches, I m a Sysadmin, when I see errors in a server with problems like this and not with an other, I think it’s a good direction for investigation.
You’re wrong, I compare with other devices/personnes same average for all excepted my PC
I have proofs!
“You are not guaranteed to see any specific number of ads every day/month” if logs say 200/ok may be but here only error! maybe you didn’t read above.

Unless I’m missing something, it seems as though you have two issues:

1. Your ads counter is not increasing when an ad is viewed/served.
  2. You’re not seeing as many ads as you have previously.

Is that correct?

you’re right, thank you

Okay so:

1. This may be a real issue and I may need to request some logs from you to take a deeper look.
  2. This is not an issue – once again, due to campaigns starting/stopping, browsing activity, relative region, etc, you are not guaranteed to see the same amount (or any specific amount) of ads every day, week, month, or year. We state this very clearly in our Ads FAQ:

[…] there may be a slight misconception about the goals and the way in which the Brave Ads feature is designed. This misconception generally takes the form of:

“When I opt in to Brave Ads, my browser will show me ads whenever I use it.”

This is not entirely true. In reality, this statement should be:

“When I opt in to Brave Ads, my browser will try to show me ads which are relevant to me.”

The difference in wording may seem small, but there is a substantial difference conceptually. The goal is to show you privacy respecting ads that are relevant to the user in the right context (a “match” is found) – not to make sure that all users “see some ads” . Enabling Ads does not guarantee that you’re going to see ads – if the system does not find a match for you in the ads catalog, then you will not see any (more information on this below).

Further, you may see ads appearing regularly today, but tomorrow you may not see any – and that’s perfectly fine . In this situation, it really is a feature , not a bug . We appreciate everyone’s understanding of this distinction and implore you to keep this in mind before assuming that the feature simply “isn’t working”.

what don’t you understand with :

• my pc with issue no more ads since ~ 1 month and errors in logs
  • my laptop/ wife’s pc/ my smartphone/ her smartphone/ same average ads per month since 3 months.
    I don’t like what you are insinuating.
    logs say there is a problem!
    I want to be paid for ads seen!
    I have counters for past months for my computers as proof

so abused
ticket opened 10 days ago
interaction with support : screenshots shared and that’s all , no no feedback

@hihouhou,
Can you please go to brave://rewards-internals, then the Logs tab, then Export your full log (using the button shown) and send me a DM with the attached .txt file with the subject line [Your user name]_logs?

all the logs ? maybe if credentials were not in clear text…

I’m asking you to perform the same actions I’ve asked everyone else to perform:

You stated:

Can you re-send them to me please?

is it legit to give you uphold bearer token ? is it mandatory ???

There a couple ways we can proceed; you could 1) remove the bearer token from the logs, because we certainly don’t need that, or 2) we could schedule a call for a screenshare, where more direct attention can be given to your case. Note that logs will offer the most insight, but contain some sensitive information (we’re going to be improving that with a future update).

I would like to summarize the issue as I understand it; please let me know if I’m correct, or mistaken :slightly_smiling_face: You used to receive ~600 ads each month, but now you’re seeing only about 200 (or fewer). In addition to that, you’re seeing output in the terminal saying Failed to redeem token with confirmation. You used to see messages saying Credential is invalid, Duplicate Redemption and Confirmation does not exist, but those are no longer happening.

Is this correct?

yes, And when I compare with others computers, no logs like this in others and average of ads per month is the same, counter is ok and rewards too

Thank you for confirming my summary. Can you tell me more about this machine? A copy/paste or screenshot of about:version would be helpful. Also, does this machine run any anti-virus software or VPN which might occasionally interrupt network activity?

1 Like
Brave 1.11.97 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Build officiel) (64 bits)
Révision 19abfe7bcba9318a0b2a6bc6634a67fc834aa592-refs/branch-heads/4147@{#852}
Système d’exploitation Windows 10 OS Version 2004 (Build 19041.388)
JavaScript V8 8.4.371.19
Flash (désactivée)
Agent utilisateur Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.89 Safari/537.36
Ligne de commande “C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe” --enable-dom-distiller --disable-domain-reliability --no-pings --extension-content-verification=enforce_strict --extensions-install-verification=enforce --sync-url=https://no-thanks.invalid --enable-features=PasswordImport,WebUIDarkMode,AutoupgradeMixedContent,PassiveMixedContentWarning,MixedContentSiteSetting,DnsOverHttps --disable-features=AutofillEnableAccountWalletStorage,AllowPopupsDuringPageUnload,AutofillServerCommunication,TextFragmentAnchor,NotificationTriggers,VideoPlaybackQuality,UseButtonTranslateBubbleUI,TabHoverCards,SmsReceiver,LookalikeUrlNavigationSuggestionsUI --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end --enable-audio-service-sandbox --disable-sync
Chemin d’accès exécutable C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe
Chemin d’accès au profil C:\Users\hihouhou\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default
Variantes 5e3a236d-4113a79e

Kaspersky used but my other pc has the same config for antivirus

Thank you, @hihouhou. I’m reaching out to one of our engineers who works on this portion of the browser and hope to get back to you soon with an update. Than you again for your patience.

@hihouhou, would you be available for (and interested in) joining me and one of our engineers on a Zoom call this week? We’d like to take a closer look at the issue(s) impacting your experience.