Adobe Flash Player doesn't seem to work with Brave on Ubuntu

Description of the issue:

Flash player on Linux/Ubuntu 20.04.1 doesn’t work well with Brave. Every setting with Flash in the name have been enabled or allowed, and hardware acceleration has been turned off. Nothing seems to change. I get a grey screen with “This plug-in is not supported” and it is not clickable.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install adobe flash player/pepperflash on Ubuntu/Linux
  2. Install Brave
  3. Try visiting any flash site (with flash enabled)

Expected result:

Flash Player should at the very least ask to run, rather than flat out refusing/“isn’t supported”.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Hello @enigmapr0ject

make sure this is enabled you will need to restart brave after enable it
brave://settings/content/flash

go to the site then click on the lock icon on left of the address bar and make sure flash is allowed

by the way flash will be removed from all browser at december 2020

hope that help and have a nice day

I think you forgot to read my post. I already mentioned that this was enabled. Also, Brave prompts you both to reload the browser after enabling this and that it is discontinued after 2020.

Thanks anyway… I guess.

you welcome and please wait maybe on of the team could help

1 Like

Hello.

My Flash works.

On Gambit or PCH, it’s not an issue.

However, at Swagbucks, none of the Flash games work anymore.

Since it is being retired at the end of the year, I just assumed some sites have stopped any and all Flash programs and moved forward.

Some have not, like Gambit and PCH.

Also, most paywall task sites have stopped all Flash–some as long as 18 months.

I hope you find a simple solution.

Regards.

The strange thing is Flash seems to work on all sites for me on any other browser (apart from FireFox, its a bit temperamental), or at the very least I get the clickable puzzle piece. Brave seems to throw that all out the window and just sit there looking like :frowning:

Known issue https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/1562

Also do note Flash is at end of life at the end of the year. Please read official documentation of it https://www.adobe.com/ie/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

1 Like

Cheers.

Already mentioned I am aware of the EOL.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.