Address bar on bottom would be amazing

Youtube that keeps playing while the screen is off, Brave and Firefox it, Vivaldi won’t

2 Likes

YouTube is always bothering with its YT Premium Ads, like “Subscribe, onii-chaaaaaa! Nyaaa!”…

i requested to opera in the forum about background youtube video playback …they said they will be considering this feature…

1 Like

+1 on that. Actually what would be best I think an option to have the URL bar appear when you press on Search.

2 Likes

Seems Brave team don’t read here…
Still no bottom bar. But as some said, with the toolbar buttons at the bottom, you can press on the :mag_right: icon and it’s as if you pressed on the top address bar) I just realized it too.

1 Like

Yes, please, that would be very nice! It’s standard in the VIA browser and it’s very handy!

1 Like

Why not asking Brave merging with Vivaldi then?

More toolbar functionality in general would be great for brave in my opinion. Options to hide, resize or translate and gestures to unhide.

I do more and more on the browser, so customization is a top priority in my opinion.

1 Like

Not just address bar but the whole favorites, tabs and navbar on desktop! I have a neck issue so I really value the top of my screen – the bottom is painful so with all the real-estate taken up by favorites and tabs and address bar I only have less then 2 inches of screen space I can actually use on my normal size laptop. I looked under appearance and couldn’t find that toggle on desktop.

I’ll donate either$45 if you manage to get the navbar only on the top and the favorites and tabs on the bottom, or $40 if you put the whole clunk on the bottom and LMK I was an influencer. I don’t like to shop, sorry, so not subscribing to your money making scheme (yet).

Go team brave; I enjoyed the JS guy on the lexcast and am here as a consequence. I hope more old people get on brave so that their time wasted by ads and scammers can be decreased. My grandpa spends a lot of time filtering scammers and ads out of his email – maybe you can provide an email service also that auto unsubscribes after a period of time without user interaction like WeChat.

<3

You can use YouTube ReVanced for that. It doesn’t have any ads, it is more hard to access YouTube Short than average YouTube and it can play on background.

Yes, and not only that, but Brave could use the Kiwi code for stacked tab style tab switching, too.

would like bottom address bar option as well

1 Like

By the way, is anyone from Brave reading these forums, or is it just us talking to each other?

2 Likes

Brave it’s not Vivaldi… Unless you teach them the FUsion technic, and we’ll get Bravaldi.

Nope, it looks ugly have tried firefox and also it’s not user friendly.

Brave doesn’t make the software better for users, they just update their crappy crytpo-nonsens, not the user experience. I give up on it, this community is also for nothing as they don’t address the ideas. Very sad. The browser would be cool, the idea behind it too, but you just get ignored. nasty…

Yes, they do. They don’t always reply and may not see every last topic or post, but they do constantly go through various things.

What I will say on this is they often leave a lot of little things to be fixed upstream in Chromium and all. But because this discussion has been going on for a while and has appeared in other places, such as Reddit as well, I just tagged in a couple people to ask if they could follow up.

Just so you guys know, the Github that was created for this back in 2020 is still open. That said, it’s never been assigned or anything. You can see that at the link below:

3 Likes

Also to give update from Brave:

So for them to say it’s a huge lift, means lot of time would be needed. I know they have a lot of other things that are high priority for now. At least been acknowledged and answered to a point. No idea when, or if, it’ll happen. But thought I’d give that update for you all.

1 Like

Really? bringing down address bar to bottom is that big of a task? Even bromite did it with single developer. But mehh…

1 Like

Everyone has their own preference. iOS already has bottom address bar like others have requested. This is primarily because iOS version is made based on Firefox/Webkit, whereas Android is based on Chromium or whatever. Not sure if this will ever go over to Android but I know there have been requests, so we’ll have to see. In terms of iOS, screenshots are below from my iPhone.

Bottom Bar

Top Bar

I personally like and use Top Bar, though do like how the navigation buttons are on the bottom.