Add manual distance mode

If I am not mistaken, the advertising of the site will be completely blocked (with standard settings).

The “advertisement” is placed in the middle of the image and blocks further access to the website.

Problem reproduction:
You visit chip.de
The “advertising box” appears directly on the start page.

It is not directly about advertising. But it belongs in the area of advertising.
The box with the message “40 years Chip.de” appears, and prevents the further use of the web page, if one does not deactivate the Adblocker etc…

With this I would like to bring in my suggestion:
A manual removal mode for Brave, as it already exists with uBlock Origin (extension for e.g. Firefox).
You can use it to remove individual elements of a page. Here it would have as effect that the box disappears and the lock with it also.

System: Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

about:brave

Brave 0.24.0
V8 6.9.427.23
rev f657f15
Muon 8.1.6
OS Release 10.0.17763
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromium content 69.0.3497.100

In retrospect:
I didn’t see the feature suggestion section until I sent the post.

Sorry.

Manual distance mode for advertising

Hi @MediaBird,

Thanks for the request. The upcoming brave-core, v1.0 coming this year, will have custom element blocker via right-click.

If you want, you can try the early beta version. Note this version may have missing features, more bugs, etc. brave.com/download-beta

:slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.