Add feature to clear Auto Open setting

Description of the issue: there’s no way to clear “Auto Open” setting

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. Once a file is assigned “Always open this type of file” setting, there’s no way to clear it.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): No feature in settings to clear the mapping

Expected result: Add a feature in settings to clear the association

Reproduces how often: Download any type of file, click on the download notification tab, and select “Always open this type of files”. Next time, it will remember the behaviour. There’s no way to clear (reset) this.

Brave Version(about:brave): 71.x

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no): Yes

Additional Information: Check this web link for info: http://www.presentermedia.com/blog/2013/10/my-file-automatically-opens-instead-of-saving-with-chrome/

Hi, suggestions come in here:

Please also note:

1 Like

This option is always available. It won’t be visible unless you tell Brave to do this for at least one file type. For example:

1. In the clip below, you’ll see my Download settings (Settings --> Advanced --> Downloads) before setting the file type association.
  2. I download an image to my machine
  3. Tell Brave to “Always open[…]”
  4. Option appears in Downloads now

This doesn’t seem to be available in Windows version.

I’m seeing it on Windows 10 as well. What happens when you perform the steps as I did in the gif above?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.