Add a simple screenshot feature

Good looking out, worked for me.

I take snapshots all time, please make a shortcut button for the devtools steps. It shouldn’t be so hard.
Extensions, 3rd party tools might be unsafe, I prefer the builtin things like in Firefox, Edg, etc.
Thanks!

1 Like

The extension I use right now has editing options. I gladly pay for it.

yeah but people like me using Linux finding difficult without this feature. And also am not comfortable using some thirdparty addon for this. some inbuild feature would be helpful

2 Likes

You are right, fast and easy

I’d prefer Edge like function. It is best, if you have tried. It also allows annotations on screeshots.

1 Like

I, and many others above, would like to see a simple screenshot feature added to Brave.

Yes, there are extensions that will provide screenshots to us. But, some of those extensions are not safe and should not be used because they are sharing our screenshots to others.

And yes, Windows 11 has a screenshot feature that will work by putting the shot on your clipboard if you turn it on in your settings as shown in the picture below. The user just has to hit the Print Screen Button on the keyboard to open a menu for the type of screenshot desired, click on the desired area, and then paste that clipboard picture into a document so it can be saved or printed.

We are using Brave because of its safety features. So, I certainly don’t want to add an extension that might not be safe.

And, the Windows 11 feature will work. But, I think a BRAVE browser screenshot feature would greatly improve the product. Please put a screenshot feature on your priority list.

1 Like

Brave is very unlikely to work on one as Google is currently adding this functionality in Chrome.

Talgeeze:

Just to clarify, is the functionality being added to Chrome or Chromium? I ask because Chrome is another browser just like BRAVE and Firefox, while Chromium is the product used as part of BRAVE.

I am not sure if it has been added to Chromium as I do not use it, but the feature is present in the Release version of Chrome and in Nightly and Beta builds of Brave. The Screenshot Editor seems to be currently only available in the Canary build of Chrome.

I use Lightshot extension. I love it.
Something like that would be very welcome.

@LaurelValley , have you seen this? How to take part page screen capture - #5 by JimB1

It’s not perfect from a convenience perspective, but it works and is built-in already.

Chromium, apparently, because this can now be enabled in Brave Beta via brave://flags by enabling “Desktop Screenshots” flag and restarting the browser. You take the screenshot by choosing screenshot from the Share menu in the URL bar. This is good news.

2 Likes

Seems to be good enough, but I still keep Linux screenshot tool at hand.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/screenshot-capture/giabbpobpebjfegnpcclkocepcgockkc?hl=en

The Extension has all the options you want.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, until we get this implemented in Brave (and it looks like we will, per coming enhancements to Chromium), my favorite general-purpose, full-page screenshot extension is GoFullPage.

If you don’t mind the poor UX experience of the built-in DevTools for this purpose, see How to take part page screen capture - #5 by JimB1.

1 Like

Man of Culture, I see. It’s fantastic for me since I need to screen whole articles and make some crop/edition. Worthy to pay for full features.

Back again!

Now that the feature “Close window when closing last tab” is done, waiting for the next, Screenshot. :camera_flash:

I like the simplicity of screenshot on Firefox! The option to click on page to select region is very handy! Don’t know if Chromium support that.

1 Like

You saw this right? How to take part page screen capture - #5 by JimB1

It’s not as good a user experience, but it works. I too look forward to an improved UX but for the time being this can serve the purpose in most cases.

F12 is definitely not a solution for those who write a lot of documentation and need to copy&paste snippets frequently.

I use the extension below that works perfectly in Brave, Chrome and Edge.