Add a 'Paste' menu entry / button to the 3-dot menu in the tab bar

windows

Feature description :

When the Ctrl-V shortcut in not available or even possible, and when the top menu bar is not displayed / enabled (I like to maximize the space for page content), have an easily accessible menu entry / button to paste the clipboard content at the cursor position.

In Chromium (R59 at least), there’s such a Cut/Copy/Paste button set in the side menu :

And Brave also enjoys a side menu (the 3-dot button on the right in the tab bar) … :slight_smile:

Use case :

When using an in-browser terminal, like in Jupyter Notebook (https://jupyter.org/, terminal based on term.js), it’s very useful to be able to copy and paste things ; the ‘copy’ action is available through a right-click popup menu on a selected text ; but with Brave, the ‘paste’ action is only available through the top menu bar (Edit / Paste), which I generally hide to get more room for page content ; and because the Ctrl-V shortcut is not available / possible in the terminal.

Platform / sofware versions / … :

• Brave: 0.18.23
  • rev: 36ae2ec06efed0057ae16351108bf4d4c10a7ab4
  • Muon: 4.3.10
  • libchromiumcontent: 60.0.3112.90
  • V8: 6.0.286.52
  • Node.js: 7.9.0
  • Update Channel: dev
  • OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
  • OS Release: 6.1.7601
  • OS Architecture: x64

Cut and Past function in menu

Hi @pouillot

We have a request logged for this, it can be tracked here:

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi, Lauren.
Great ! (and sorry for not having found it before :slight_smile:
Thanks for the quick answer.
Jean-Philippe.

No problem @pouillot!

I’m going to close this thread for now, but please continue to reach out with any issues, questions, or feature requests by opening a new thread! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Lauren