Ad showing up that is not from my region

From today morning I have been getting ads from BitPay. Only issue is Bitpay does not have an ad campaign in the BD region (https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/).

As a result even thought the ads show up, there is no BAT given for it. The same is happening on my phone and tablet. None of the devices have used VPN in the last week and I havent travelled out of this region in months. So i dont get how this is happening.

Could you kindly look into it @steeven when you can? Thank you

After reading the above, if you’re still having trouble viewing ads, please answer the following:

Are you able to receive general desktop/push notifications?
Yes I can receive push notifications and they count as normal

Are you in a supported region (if so, which one)?
Yes. Im in BD and Bitpay does NOT have an active ad campaign in this region. That is the problem here.

Give us a brief description of the ads behavior you’re seeing
Every single ad is Bitpay and they dont count of course

What OS/Brave version are you using?
Please copy/paste the top 3 lines of your brave://version page

Brave 1.22.71 Chromium: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision 1ea76e193b4fadb723bfea2a19a66c93a1bc0ca6-refs/branch-heads/4389@{#1616}
OS Windows 10 OS Version 2009 (Build 19042.867)
1 Like

Exactly the same problem here. My region is IN and I am getting Bitpay ads even though they arent running a campaign here.

2 Likes

@senduz @Ray2 are you using a VPN?

@steeven like i said in my original post, none of my devices have used VPN and neither have i travelled to any other region recently.

1 Like

Nope I do not use VPN. I also don’t get notification ads for somereason I have spent hours looking for a solution and have read almost all solutions available on the community guidelines but still have not been able to fix it.

issue got fixed by itself once the Bitpay ads went away the next day

The same here.
I live in Italy, today Brave (on Windows 10 and on Android) is showing me crypto.com new tab page, but it’s not in my region’s ads (it was in the past, though).
No VPN.

There are two new tab page ads at the moment: BlockFi and Gala Games.
BlockFi ads are complete. Gala Games ads were showing yesterday.

It was an ads catalog problem, so now it’s fixed.

Did you fixe it yourself?

1 Like

I suspect the ads catalog was stucked for about 12 hours :joy:

1 Like

Just like shockie said! :grin:

And it happened to be server side issue. :disappointed:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.