"Ad or script blocking software is interfering with this page"

Lots of websites show the same banner at the bottom:
You are seeing this message because ad or script blocking software is interfering with this page. Disable any ad or script blocking software, then reload this page.”
Screenshot from forum.wordreference.com:

The problem is described in this blog post, which paradoxically also shows the same banner: https://liliputing.com/2020/09/ublock-origin-how-to-hide-googles-script-blocking-warning-for-websites-using-funding-choices.html
A couple of months ago I reported the same issue; @fanboynz suggested using Shields-Aggressive Money.it detects Shields but I don’t want to use the aggressive mode everywhere (at the moment, I don’t see the banner though).
Many more people have reported the issue on this forum, see for example
Message blockers on websites, how to remove it?
PROBLEM: The message that detects the blocking of ads returns to the web

Thanks for the report, looking into it. Will update thread when I have more info.

1 Like

Does it help if you enable the Cosmetic Options in brave://flags ?

edit, also try ##div[style*="box-shadow: rgb(136, 136, 136)"] into brave://adblock

1 Like

I came here to report that AndroidPolice was showing this banner, but enabling the two Cosmetic options on Brave (Windows) and now its gone. Just hope this doesn’t interfere with any other sites but I will be back if anything comes up.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.