Ad notifications not moving past 0, rewards summary also at 0

ads-bug

I have viewed more than 5 ads, although really just repeats of the same 2 unique ads, but in my rewards settings the ad notifications received counter remains at 0 and the current earnings this month (estimated) value is also at 0. Am I missing something or is this broken?

@noneyabusiness Can you let us know what is the build version? Please navigate to brave://settings/help and provide the brave version please.

Thanks!

I have the same problem. None ad notification seen so far.
My version: Version 0.63.8 Chromium: 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) dev (64-bit).

my ad nofications has been reset to 0 alone with my balance even after i restore the wallet!?

Did the update to the newest build break something in Brave Rewards?

Version 0.63.8 Chromium: 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

The current earnings this month and ad notifications received has been reset to zero. The ads are being displayed, but not nearly as frequently.

Was a file that stored this information was overwritten by the update?

Can this be restored?

@gsarvadnya
Yesterday I was on version 0.63.4 and I was experiencing the problem described above. This morning I received an ad and the notification counter moved to 1 and showed me as having earned a small amount of bat. These values were promptly reset to 0 again when I relaunched the browser after updating to version 0.63.8.

Yes, I’m experiencing the same thing. Yesterday I had 18 as viewed, today my ad count is zero… Sort of bummed about that. Is this something that is being addressed and fixed?

Same. Both “Current earnings this month” and “Ad notifications received” reset to zero after update.

Brave is up to date
Version 0.63.8 Chromium: 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply – wer’re looking into this right now, thank you for your patience.

Hi everyone, sorry again for the late response but it looks like we’ve already got this issue filed and labeled as P1. We should have this issue resolved soon and I will try to notifiy everyone on this thread at that time.

You can view/track progress on the issue here:

Lost my bat token using the brave browser

I was using the brave Dev Version for it. How do I get my 27 tokens back?

no User ads! and my bat isn’t there! i downgraded to this version like you said! please help

@arran,
Apologies but I’m confused – where is it that I told you to downgrade?
You should definitely be on the latest release, as it includes the newest features and changes.

:point_up: The issue with user ads is known and addressed above, as for your BAT – I’m not entirely sure I understand. Did you update from a previous version release and your BAT disappeared? Or are you referencing the BAT earned via Brave user ads?

im referencing the BAT earned by Brave user ads.

@Mattches What about not receiving ad notifications? I use brave dev quite often since two days but I haven’t received any notification so far.
My version: Version 0.63.8 Chromium: 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) dev (64-bit).

i dont see any more ads now too whats going on!? im getting worried

I have the same problem, my BAT disappeared after update. And i barely see ads anymore. Maybe 1- per day now.

Brave Ads not appearing (Dev channel)

Thanks for the effort! also experiencing this problem.

Same here. First got a lot of ads now i get none.

I’ve started a “master” thread of these reports over in the Known Issues category:

It contains links to this and all other threads surrounding this issue. I will be moving and directing everyone’s comments there moving forward. I’m closing this (and the other) threads for organizational purposes.