Ad blocker will interfere with rewards

Hi Brave community, I noticed that my monthly rewards were lower than usual over the past 5 months. I later realized that it was due to adding an ad blocker extension that I added on the browser. In case you are interested in receiving higher rewards, you should use brave shield instead and set it to aggressive. This way you can receive rewards from brave and still block annoying ads.

@Mizzy254,
Assuming all things working, there are still many reasons you may be earning less than your were in the past. For example, ad campaigns vary by country, and by operating system. In some countries, there may be fewer ads observed throughout the month based on campaign size, delivery pacing, operating systems, content categories and that advertisers have selected to run their ads to. Additionally, BAT value will fluctuate which may also increase or decrease your earnings.

Unless there is something I’m (and the rest of the team) unaware of, installing an ad-blocker extension in the browser (while not necessary) will not have any effect on whether or not ads are shown. Brave ads (at this time) leverage your OS’s notification system – they are read and sent as notifications, not as an “ad” that any ad-block software would block.

Frankly, I don’t see why setting it to “aggressive” should give you more ads.

Wow, I did not realize ads were also dependent on operating system. I knew about country and ad campaigns and whatnot.