Active tab needs much more contrast

I downloaded and installed Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit) yesterday. As a user with impaired vision I find that there’s nowhere near enough contrast between the active tab and the inactive ones in either light or dark profile. Can’t you make the active tab black in the light profile and white in the dark one? For me, this lack of contrast makes Brave unusable because, when I’m researching something, I invariably have many tabs open simultaneously and switch between browsing and other programs. When switching back to browsing, I find it very difficult to re-adjust my vision to find the active tab and the tabs associated with it, which I normally group together. (Actually, although I haven’t used it for years, IE’s idea of colour-coding associated tabs was quite useful.) I see that this issue has been raised before and seemingly ignored, or if it’s been ‘fixed’, the fix is completely inadequate.

I also agree with users who’ve commented about clicked links automatically creating and opening a new tab in a single action.

I also think that the right-click option to “Reopen closed tab” should be available on all tabs.

I’m sorry, but in its present form, I can’t use Brave.

2 Likes