Achive.vn doesn't like Brave at all

Going to any page on https://archive.vn/ it takes you to an unsupported browser page. For me, Shields on or off, uBlock Origin on or off, Privacy Badger disabled or not, and it’s always the same.

Site works as expected on Vivaldi with both it’s adblock and uBlock Origin on. I don’t use Chrome to be able to test it as well.

Using the current version of Brave for windows [
Version 1.17.73 Chromium: 87.0.4280.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)
]

1 Like

well, the site tells me what browsers are supported… Sounds like you or brave would have to contact them about… Do you get this page?

Edit: The old user agent switcher extension seems to work… lol

Yes, that’s always the page Brave users would end up on without extra action.

See directions: Brave unsupported on archive.is

2 Likes

I can get the recatpcha sometimes, on both sites, but I always end up on the upgrade browser page. Seems insane making it hard on brave browsers when all those sites accept BAT.

facing the same issue… In addition some times unable to load this site properly. Takes longer time than usual… at the same time this is working fine on other browsers like chrome and torch

Tested the site @k1327 seems fine, nothing too unusual in the site code.

Would probably be an intermittent site load issues given the popularity of direct downloads.

Thank you so much for the quick response… could be the reason you mentioned… but I also mentioned that same time working perfectly on other browsers… anyways. it’s just a single webpage… Overall I love to use Brave Browser with plenty of other good reasons… cheers :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.