Account shows as flagged

My account shows as flagged… I am an IT service provider and try to promote Web3 by referring to this browser. Unfortunately, my account shows as flagged… and I don’t feel good promoting it anymore. I think the flagging should be removed.

Not sure if language difference, but I’m going to answer based on two different ways that your comment can be understood.

If you mean in general, you’re funny. Flagged accounts is the same as saying suspended. These are accounts which have been suspended because the system has noticed unusual behavior that seems like people are abusing Rewards and possible attempting fraud. So if you’re saying you want Brave never to suspend accounts and just allow scammers to run rampant, it’s not going to happen.

If you just mean you’d like them to investigate and consider removing the flag from your account, then you’d need to create a Rewards Support Ticket and wait for them to get back you.

Maybe my language was not perfect… I am not asking to remove flagging accounts and open them to scammers. I started using Brave in September 2022. In one month it showed as flagged. I don’t understand why…

Created a ticket reg. the same. Thanks.

@Sunil1973 Brave won’t ever explain why any one account is flagged. It’s hard also to give lists as much of what Brave looks at, they don’t want to detail because people then try to modify things to avoid detection. That said, I can kind of give a generic idea of some common issues. Overall though, just consider that it uses a logic puzzle and looks for things that are unusual and a disadvantage to Brave and advertisers.

Basically things like:

• Automation on your device

• Using emulators

• VPN/Proxy

• Modifying Brave folders

These are some of the basic things that get people flagged. Though there’s a bit of logic to it. Like using VPN isn’t enough by itself to get you flagged but if you’re in India and you’re always using VPN to appear as if you’re in the United States, eventually it’s going to say something isn’t right. This is because the farther a VPN node is from you, the more latency you get. If you’re showing United States at almost all times, it’s going to say most likely you’re trying to bypass ad restrictions. Compared to like if you do United States just to watch Netflix and then go back to your default India.

Same with automation. Just having your device do things on occasion isn’t enough. But if it starts seeing you have it moving around in your browser 24/7, it’s going to see you as abusing and trying to maximize earnings. Brave is meant for casual use and isn’t a “mine” or “farm” for crypto. So people who do things to the extreme end up having issues.

The list goes on.

Thanks for the info.

As I am an IT service provider and most of the time my browser will be open. I think, maybe that’s the reason why the brave found that maybe I am abusing and trying to maximize the earnings. I would like to promote a browser like brave for a decentralized world. I refer my clients to use this browser so we can have a decentralized digital world where our personal information is safe.

Thanks & Regards,

K.J. Sunil

| Saoiray Community Ninja
December 26 |

• | - |

@Sunil1973 Brave won’t ever explain why any one account is flagged. It’s hard also to give lists as much of what Brave looks at, they don’t want to detail because people then try to modify things to avoid detection. That said, I can kind of give a generic idea of some common issues. Overall though, just consider that it uses a logic puzzle and looks for things that are unusual and a disadvantage to Brave and advertisers.

Basically things like:

• Automation on your device

• Using emulators

• VPN/Proxy

• Modifying Brave folders

These are some of the basic things that get people flagged. Though there’s a bit of logic to it. Like using VPN isn’t enough by itself to get you flagged but if you’re in India and you’re always using VPN to appear as if you’re in the United States, eventually it’s going to say something isn’t right. This is because the farther a VPN node is from you, the more latency you get. If you’re showing United States at almost all times, it’s going to say most likely you’re trying to bypass ad restrictions. Compared to like if you do United States just to watch Netflix and then go back to your default India.

Same with automation. Just having your device do things on occasion isn’t enough. But if it starts seeing you have it moving around in your browser 24/7, it’s going to see you as abusing and trying to maximize earnings. Brave is meant for casual use and isn’t a “mine” or “farm” for crypto. So people who do things to the extreme end up having issues.

The list goes on.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.