Absolutely terrible browser that is riddled with bug after bug after bug

performance
bug

I can not even view my history on this crappy browser. when i click ‘history’ and click view history, it only shows me 7 days of history. This is absolutely ridiculous. All of the crashes, not being able to click properly on the address bar, sites malfunctioning and not working because of all the brave “security” stuff. Even the name of the browser is stupid, why would you call a brownser ’ brave’? it makes searching for bug solutions so difficult because brave is a regular everyday word. why not call it bravebob browser?

i have been using this browser for more than 3 months now, i have given it a LONG AND FAIR chance. i wanted to like the browser. I was hoping it was my new "it " browser. wishing it would be good so i can stop using chrome but this thing is riddled with more bugs. day after day i have to deal with bugs. well i’ve had enough of this. you guys need to get your act together and disable the browser worldwide, get all the bugs fixed and put out a SOLID version and stop worrying about competeing with the big brands. You guys are like still in beta.

What if what i was trying to view in my history that i looked at from 3 months ago was something important, what if for eg, my mom had cancer and the medication she was taking i forgot the name of, and needed to find it and voila good ol brave browser more garbage, won’t even show me my browsing history past 1 week. now my mother is dead because brave wasn’t showing something that every other browser gets right. how hard is it to get this right: dont delete a persons browsing history without their express consent? now my mother is dead in this scenario.

And why is the settings/preferences of the brave browser so difficult and complicated? where do i clear my cookies? where do i view all my cookies? where do i view my history? where do i view my cache ? logins??

Very, very, very dissappointed with the brave browser and the ppl who put this out should be ashamed of themselves, especially whilst using the mozilla name. I really wanted to like this browser, but its like using a god damn beta, every week a new bug.

Using Mac OS Mojave… on a macbook pro

Brave 0.25.2
V8 6.9.427.23
rev 8ea2a9c
Muon 8.1.8
OS Release 18.0.0
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform macOS
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 69.0.3497.100

Hi @Brave_Noob,
Which Brave version and OS that you have?

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

Using Mac OS Mojave… on a macbook pro

Brave 0.25.2
V8 6.9.427.23
rev 8ea2a9c
Muon 8.1.8
OS Release 18.0.0
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform macOS
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 69.0.3497.100

@Brave_Noob, likely you’re using the soon-will-be-replaced Brave (muon).

Brave is in migration process to new architecture. And unfortunately, this version will no longer receive a bug fixes, etc. Since this version will be replaced by the new Brave (0.56.x and higher). https://brave.com/new-brave-browser-release-available-for-general-download/

Upgrade for the current users to the new Brave (brave-core) is coming in weeks. Or if you want to install it manually, you can download the new version from brave.com/download

You can run it in parallel then you can import your data from prev. Brave. You may want to try the new Brave and see if the issues still persist. This new version also fixed many issues that exists in thr prev. Brave (muon).

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

sorry but brave being a “new architecture” is not an excuse, and its not even valid even if it were. You guys have been out for what, 2-3 years? I remember when firefox was in year 2-3 it didn’t have this kind of bugs, crashes, deleteing people’s history without their permission (wtf?).

the settings in brave are very non user-friendly. everything is hidden. no customization. basically a clone of google chrome mixed with a little bit of firefox. i gave you guys a shot for 3-4 months. and thats it for me, i’m moving over to Vivaldi or Opera or back to firefox.

so i tried thee browser you told me about. so basically its chrome/ choromium with a new skin on it. shameful. thats what you guys have come up with is a duplication of chrome

very bad

Thanks for your opinion @Brave_Noob, but your tone and wordage are neither polite nor constructive. If you’re interested in further discussing the issues you have, you’re welcome to repost in a manner that adheres to our guidelines.
Thank you.