About the Desktop Support category

This is all utterly confusing. Please simply answer my question or move it to the ‘correct’ category as I have no idea how to do what you want.

2 Likes

After installation did you grant permission to get rewards??

1 Like

Good Day All,

I have Brave browser more than 2 months, but so far, I have the below rewards. It did not bother me to check it earlier. But now, I feel that I want to fix it.
So, the rewards for 2+ months: http://prntscr.com/tt2zk3

Somehow, my browser has created two profiles, but none of them gets rewards. For the time being, my UpHold wallet is not verified yet, as I hold my coins in different wallets.
Wondering what is going wrong so far and I dont get rewards.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

HOLA , los BAT ganados por anuncio no llega a mi billetera de Uphold, perso si figura en la cuenta de brave image

2 Likes

whether linked account need to have many subscribers to get verified

1 Like

Hi, i use brave version 1.22.71 on Android huawei p40 lite e 2020, when i tap on “claim” my Phone colse the app, can i do something to take my bat rewards? I have 2 reward to take, one has 0.250 bat and one has 0.500 bat

1 Like

I can’t use my Brave Browser with JAWS screen reader. It just started happening for some reason. If I open Brave and go to a web site that needs my email address as soon as I enter the email address Brave crashes. I am having this issue on any site that I need to log in on. If I shut off my screen reader it works fine. This just started a day or so ago.

1 Like

Macbook Pro 10.13.6 high sierra - brave up to date - I cannot save new links/bookmarks in any folders - I deleted high-count folders after copying them…shut-down, restarted. No change. Please help, thank you

1 Like

@Rick ,

You posted your issue in the wrong place. Please create a new topic and fill in the details as requested (including, deleting “the any text above . . .”). Please describe in detail, what Bookmarks file(s), where they are, specifically what directories you attempted to copy them to . . . etc.:

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 5.55.59 PM

1 Like

How does one actually post a question to the community? I see no way to post anything except for replying to other’s posts.

1 Like

@Venusc ,

1 Like

Is there anyone who knows why can I download files? I mean the brave browser blocks it. Do you know why?

1 Like

@HilmiP

Look at the post, immediately above yours.

1 Like

Hi,
I can’t see where the Brave documentation specifies the MacOS version required for a particular Brave release. Is this information actually anywhere? If not it definitely should be.

Specifically, I’m now on Brave 1.39.111 and previously saw **the notice saying future Brave releases will not work on Sierra - MacOS 10.12.6. Yet Brave now shows that I need to update it.

So is this info reliable?** People need to see the Technical Support needed for each Brave release, and if this isn’t currently available, then it’s urgently needed…

1 Like

@CrisBCT

1 Like

Sorry, I’m not sure what you’re saying.

Will “updated versions of Brave Browser after BBv1.39.111 Brave Browser System” run on MacOSX Sierra 10.12.6 or not?

I understand that the Brave page saying that current versions need “OS X El Capitan 10.11.0 or later” is out of date. So what does the next update to the current BBv1.39.111 require? Surely this page really needs to specify the individual requirements for EACH DIFFERENT Brave release…

1 Like

@CrisBCT

The Mac OS System Requirement for using versions of Brave Browser later than v1.39.111 - information that you seek - is in the link that I provided.

Including, why.

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

Previously, when I was using Yosemite, MacOS 10.10, Brave automatically updated itself and then refused to load reporting it could not be used on this OS and I should update the OS.

Since I have no intention of upgrading past Sierra - there are some old applications that will no longer run - I need to stop Brave automatically updating itself.

Using Pref Setter, I have set SUAutomaticallyUpdate and SUEnableAutomaticChecks to FALSE. But Brave ignores my preferences and resets them to TRUE whenever loaded. How can I stop Brave automatically changing these important preferences?

How to get Brave to stop automatically updating itself when running under an OS that cannot run the newly updated Brave version?

1 Like

@CrisBCT

Brave developers at GitHub, have taken steps to prevent further updates for Mac OS 10.12.n ‘Sierra’ users (and for older Mac OS versions).

If you go to brave://settings/help . . . you should see:

2 Likes

Thanks - I’m very glad to see this!

2 Likes