About:bookmarks; searchbox not working in the bookmarks manager on macOS

hello in the bookmarks manager; about:bookmarks, when I want to type something in the bookmarks searchbox on the above right next to the import and export stars, nothing happens , cannot type anything in there, hope it will be fixed thx , this is the latest version of brave :

Brave 0.23.39
V8 6.7.288.46
rev 3ee14b0
Muon 7.1.6
OS Release 17.7.0
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform macOS
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 67.0.3396.103

Bookmark search field does not work
Ability to Search Bookmarks

As this is a known issue I’ll go ahead and +1 it so the team can address it appropriately.

Thank you for supporting Brave :slight_smile:

Reopen this thread. :smiley:

@Mattches, I believe that’s different issue with report from @bwave. He talked about bookmarks search box at Bookmarks Manager (Ctrl+Shif+O) that not working.

I can confirm this issue on my laptop. It not registered any letter that I typed. :slightly_smiling_face:

@eljuno, great catch! :clap: The github issue was strikingly similar, especially with the title :sweat_smile:

This is interesting since I cannot seem to reproduce this error on Windows or Linux - Bookmarks search in manager works just fine. I’ll dig around some more and see what I can find if anything. If not I’ll submit a new issue on github.

@Mattches @eljuno thanx a lot, I hope this gets attention now

@Mattches I added a record of this issue. LICEcap not catch it correctly, but you should see the issue.

After searching existing issue, now I remember some users report similar issue in the past. Like Bookmark search field does not work that lead to https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/13322. The issue closed as fixed, but it seems it’s not fixed for some users. :smile:

And more reports:

Thank you @eljuno for the information. With ubuntu 16.04 LTS I can confirm the same error (gif picture) like from @Mattches.
The Brave install was via information from the brave website via terminal install around 12.2017:
deb [arch=amd64] https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/brave-apt xenial main

I setup now new my pc and installed ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
I took now the Brave snap directly from the Ubuntu Software center.
With the Brave snap install at ubuntu 18.04 works Brave with the “Search bookmarks” function fine.

Brave 0.23.31
V8 6.7.288.46
rev 3148ace
Muon 7.1.5
OS Release 4.15.0-23-generic
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Linux
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 67.0.3396.103

Only maybe a suspicion:
Difference gnome terminal ubuntu 18.04 to 16.04 for script bash background processes:

Option “-e” is deprecated and might be removed in a later version of gnome-terminal.#

+1 from @grok via Ability to Search Bookmarks.
+1s via Bookmark search field does not work.

hello unfortunately two updates later it is still the same , I hope this really gets fixed soon, thanx

Brave 0.23.77
V8 6.8.275.24
rev 0125b5f
Muon 8.0.6
OS Release 17.7.0
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform macOS
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 68.0.3440.84

well it yes it is working on windows 10